Front office action thoughts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fishman35, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah I agree. Washington I thought was a great signing good price. Gage's extension last season was at a good price.

I would absolutely love Boldin because he's so good. But you're correct it's a significant cost, and at that price it would shake up some things in the future.

That's also true.

What gets me is we were so close last year, and WR was about the only thing really holding us back.

Losing AH is starting concern me more now, I'm fearing the drop off on D-line could be worse than many of us are assuming.

Really Nate Washington is, I believe, a great step in the right direction. It's certainly much better than last year when J-Mac was penciled in as our #2. That's the real thing, we don't have to be elite at the WR position, but let's not settle for bottom 5 either.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Alex, I think we're in pretty much total agreement.

I was very frustrated by how close we came this year (in theory, since it really was our only playoff game). However, I don't think that the "superstar" WR route is the way to go. I'm curious to see how/if we bolster the WR corps from this point. I really thought we would sign holt, which would have given us 3 solid WRs, at least for our system.

We'll see how the D goes. I have my worries too. Let's see if the others can step up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I agree with both of you, and the other thing to remember is that there haven't been any superstar receivers available outside of trades. We aren't the type of team to trade three or four picks for ANY position. The two top FA receivers this year were Holt and Washington. We signed one, and passed on the other, possibly because of concerns about age or his knee. Very few of the FA receivers we haven't signed over the last few years (Hackett, Stallworth, etc.) have done much anyways.

4. Alex1939

TO? TJ Houshmandzadeh??

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

T.O. is a cancer. T.J was too expensive and ultimately not worth the money, IMO.

6. Lava

Lava Camp Fodder

We didn't lose that game because of a lack of a superstar WR, we lost it because we didn't hold onto the ball. A WR wouldn't be able to change that string of bad luck.

7. Alex1939

Ok sure, but they were better available free agents than Holt or N.Washington.

Maybe a better threat WR changes the complexity of the game for the Ravens D and we score more.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

AND they were more expensive.

9. Alex1939

TO wasn't really, not for the deal. I'd take TO for one year honestly.

And my real point is they were the best free agent WRs in the draft. I thought that should be pointed out since Wplatham neglected to mention them.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I could honestly see T.O. contributing about as much as Eric Moulds did in our offense. His ego, his attitude, his demeanor....they all don't fit here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar