Full Preseason Schedule Released...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Oooooooooooo going to that N.O. might be hella fun!

I think I might make a Tex to N.O. road trip if I can find a ticket.

Can't wait for the Titans/MooBoys games this year; I'm so there!

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

yeah right! I knew Cj was gonna be the real deal his Rookie Preseason when he ran for that big TD vs the Rams.

And last year, our defense played the same in regular season as they did preseason. I knew something wasnt right with this D in those preseason games and it wasnt. we sucked as if we were still in preseason.

You can tell a lot in preseason. dont think they are just out their to play around. the win isnt important but seeing how the team looks is important.

3. jessestylex

When we play the Saints in preseason this year, it's going to give you a good idea where our D stands. If we get owned by the pass, watch out!

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

So with that mind-set, Ryan Mouton is going to be the real deal because he returned an INT for a TD against the Bucs?

Here's the thing...

You can't act like you knew the guy was going to be the real deal based off of that one carry. You can acknowledge that he is talented and has a shot at being a good running back in the NFL by watching him take that one to the house, but it was preseason against the RAMS and CJ was up against their second team defense.

If you carry that kind of logic [I knew (insert player's name here) was going to be the real deal because he had an awesome play in preseason], not many people are going to agree with you.

There are a handful of players who make great plays in preseason who fail to stay with the team and end up on the streets without a job.

Drew Brees owns everyone though.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Preseason is garbage. It's purely a moneymaking scheme because everyone pays as much for those tickets as they do for Titans v. Colts and everything else.

It is BORING. After halftime it is completely not worth watching. It's like JV NFL football.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

You won't see much, the game is in Nashville...

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

C.J. will never be a good preseason player, ever. His game is too fast for the slower preseason. Lineman won't be out there busting their butts to get to the second level knowing it will get called back on a penalty. Preseason is good for two things; the serious fans, and to see how well your depth works into action. It's pointless on all other accounts. No game plans, no paycheck, and no one really likes it.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

C.J won't ever play enough in preseason again for anyone to notice.

Preseason doesn't tell you that much about your starters. It can show you a lot about your depth.

I totally understand the perspective of a lot of people that think it's boring though. I'm just enjoying being back in the stadium by that point in the year...

9. jessestylex

it's not boring if you been waiting since Jan to see another game. i count down the days to Preseason opener.

10. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Gotta agree with Jesse here.

Every single other sport we primarily play here in the U.S. pales in comparison to football (imo) and I am bored out of my mind till' preseason starts.

It makes me soooo angry to realize how long the baseball season is....grrrrrr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar