Fuller Feels Right Decision Was to Remain a Titan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

hahahaha i felt the urge to high five ya to be honost.....good un

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. instead of keeping fuller at NB he'd shift outside to a foreign position and then we'd have a new NB, that's like replacing two players instead of one.

there's a reason chris carr was next in line after harper and king went down.

3. tinytitansfan

tinytitansfan Starter

Let's just hope for not many injuries at the corner position. There is nowhere we have less depth or experience. I think Faggins can come in and play, but there is a big drop off.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

:facepalm:
    WTF do you think they did with Finny? Did you not read a d@mn word of my post above????

I'll rehash it since it went over your head:
    -Finny was a safety in college (like Fuller)
    -Finny started out on this team as a nickelback (like Fuller)
    -Finny has the talent to be a cornerback (as does Fuller)

What part of that don't you understand?

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

finnegan had an entire off-season to learn the position and get comfortable. fuller would be going to a new position in a pinch, he doesn't even play CB during pre-season games!

thanks for playing, now go away.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Over the years Vincent Fuller has developed into an intricate part of the depth on defense. He comes in on key third down stops to play Safety or nickleback, and without him the Titans may very well be an 11-5 team. I'd love to say he is a great player but that goes against the idea of him at nickleback. He on the other hand can in fact play in several spots on the field which is what makes him special. Certainly though, Fuller is a big part of the support that the spine of the defense is all about. It bothers me to see players leave for money. Only if guaranteed a starting spot do I believe a player quits on his team. Haynesworth leaving for an opportunity to start and win, NO! He left for $$$. Not something Fuller wants anything to do with. He wants the wins, and smartly choose to stay. It should pay off not to cash in by leaving.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I find it interesting that we paid fuller less than what the lions paid for eric king. Fuller was a far more valuable player for us.

Fuller is well suited to only one position and that is NB. He is a back of the bench type guy as a safety and playing outside Cb.

Part of what makes him good in his role is that he accepts it and is smart enough to have learned the position completely. For many athletic young CBs the NB spot is just a stop over to a starting job outside. For fuller that is all there is. Because he has the size and instincts of a safety he is better at supporting the run than many NBs and tackles very well.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Has Fuller ever played safety for us?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't agree with that at all. Fuller is a good player for us but he stayed here because he wouldn't have a place to play on half the teams. He is not a starting caliber safety and he has hardly played outside at CB at all. It looked like he didn't have a position in his first 2 years.

Not every team would appreciate a full time NB the way we do which is why he signed with us rather than test the market.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nope..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar