Fuller Feels Right Decision Was to Remain a Titan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I'm sorry but I just cannot agree with you there.
    I'll say it one more time, Finny started out as a NB. He was there for his first two season IIRC before they moved him outside.
    I didnt' realize that you out of everyone here has seen Fuller play outside CB enough to make that determination.
    He is currently still the NB because we have Finny on one side and Harper on the other. Plus, like someone said, if we moved Fuller to the outside, we would probably have to train someone else to be the NB.
    Yes, he does the NB job very, very well. But you can't sit there and tell me that he would suck on the outside. I love me some Finny, but IMO Fuller has every bit of the talent that Finny has. Finny made it to the outside, Fuller can too.

Thanks for filling us in Coach Fisher.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Got to say, I agree with RT. Fuller knows he's a nickle back, and it's the position he can start in. He's had four seasons here, and we've had issues at CB in that time. If he hasn't been able to break into a starting CB spot on our roster, he should stick with his role in the nickle and maximize his value there. If he went to another team as a third CB, and didn't do as well there, it's going to hurt him in the long run. He's a role player who has figured out his role, and does it well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

WTF finny played just one year at NB and started ever since. What does finny have to do with fuller?

Last year we had both harper and king out. Who was next to play outside? Carr not fuller! There was an opportunity to play fuller outside and place carr in the less demanding slot role and they did not do it. Since fuller is not even our #3 option there i can safely ascertain that his future is not outside.

Fuller is entering his 5th season with this team he is NOT an outside guy and never really played there. He is not a potential starting CB on this team.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Train? We have played rookies there all the time. Rolle, woolfolk, finnegan all played there as rookies.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

FInny was a CB playing S in college. Fuller is a S playing NB in the NFL. There is a big difference. I do think Fuller could in a pinch play CB but it would be cover 2 because he simply isn't going to be able to sty with WRs man on man. If not playing NB Fuller probably fits a FS role. Finny was an undersized, very fast S in collge who is capable of playing man on man as well as zone. Finny wouldn't make a very good S in the NFL because of his size. Bottom line is both players are good at what they do but trying to make any other comparisons is ridiculous. They aren't interchangable players. Oh, by the way if Fuller could play outsisde CB he would be playing there in the pre-season and his value to the team as a backup CB (who could possibly move into a starting role) would be far more valuable than his value as a backup S. It is obvious because he never takes reps as an outside CB there aren't plan to play him there. Fuller is very good as a NB but that is really his best position.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't think we need to analyze this over and over. Finny is a pro bowl CB and fuller was not even our 3rd option there. Case closed!

If fuller had "every bit the talent" of finny a pro bowl CB as one poster suggested then why did we sign harper in the first place? Why not just insert fuller in that starting spot?

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Cary Williams could be in the mix this year to add some depth...
    or is he busting it up?

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Between our 3 young guys mouton-williams-mccourtry i would hope that one can play and give us solid depth.

I'm assuming faggins takes king's role as a primary backup outside and mouton takes carr's role as depth CB and return man. That leaves the 2 other young guys who will have to replace the great reynaldo on the depth chart. It's a tall order but someone has to do it. :ha:

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Important signing. Nickel is an important position for the Titans, and Fuller played the role quite well. I disagree with people saying it was vital (I don't think he's the difference of 2 whole wins, whoever said that). But he's a smart player who knows his position and seems comfortable there. Glad to see him back on board.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I consider the #3 WR and the NB to be starters on a football team because they are on the field so much and at important times. To secure a solid slot cover guy like fuller for 3 years cheap is a great signing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar