1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

Fun stuff to do in Nashville

Discussion in 'Nashville' started by TBaker34, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

THE ZOO SUUUUCKS!!!!!

The Evansville Zoo - Mesker Park Zoo is on par with it, and that is not saying much.

In its defense, it is a privately funded zoo that the government did not really assist, but it is not a good zoo compared to many others. So considering it's some peoples' labor of love, it is impressive. But I was expecting better from a city of Nashville's size.

If you're going in expecting something similar to St. Louis Zoo, you'll be very disappointed. Go in expecting a modest zoo with a few cool sights, and you'll be fine.

It's not in a great part of town either. Not one I'd feel good about walking around in at night, IMO.

I went with my Girlfriend a few years ago, disappointment, then my sister went later on and said the same thing.
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Yeah the zoo isn't anything special. Memphis and Atlanta's are much, much better (only 3 zoos I've ever been to). But if your wife's major is zoology then I'm sure she'll enjoy it regardless.
  3. nickmsmith

San Diego Zoo is where it's at. That place was impressive. I'm surprised Nashville hasn't found it necessary to fund a decent zoo. Evansville has put exponentially more money into a zoo than a much bigger city.
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

I love the Memphis zoo, but that's waaaay out of the way for someone only staying a few days.
  5. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

How far is the zoo from downtown? Would I need to take a taxi or are their buses that go there? Can't find anything about it online
  6. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Thanks for all the help. Still trying to decide on what to do.
  7. nickmsmith

looks like about 15 mins from downtown.

www.nashvillezoo.org/
  8. mdfan

mdfan Starter Tip Jar Donor

9. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Thanks! This is our first trip together with just us two so I don't want to just do nothing
  10. nickmsmith

Where are you from? Let us know how you like it! It's better than nothing, I guess. Admissions a little steep. If I remember correctly it was like 15 bucks a person, which is a lot considering the lack of interesting animals.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.