Future of the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ewker, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

With all that has gone on the past 2 yrs what do you think the future looks like for the Titans?

Have the players lost respect for the coaches? Players are speaking out against the coaches in the locker room and on the field during the games. Is this frustration from losing or from bad schemes by the coaches or both.

How many even want to play here when their contracts are up? Yes money talks but like all players they want to win a Super Bowl. Do they still see that can happen here before they are hurt, cut or to old to play in one.

How does this team come back together. Yes winning helps but will it take more than that to turn the players around where they believe in the coaches and system again.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

2. zackmann

zackmann Guest

this bad year may force some vets to want to leave...but that's all right...we can get different one in FA...

The first thing is to change up D-Coordinators....if that happens, things will go much better in the future...

And I think the growth of Vince as a QB will keep our Offense looking bright for the future...

so step 1, fire Schwartz....

step 2, beef up both lines, add a new MLB, S, and CB....

3. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Someone will buy the team and move it to Las Vegas. :biglaugh:

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Fisher will be packing his bags at Christmas. I don't want him to go. I like Fisher. I believe in Fisher. I just have a feeling that Adams is looking to go another direction in coaching staff.

Perhaps the idea will be to build around Vince Young and bring in some coaches that will utilize him best. For all we know he might go after the Longhorn coach... I don't know anything about him... just talking out my arse as usual... Fisher thinks that his days are numbered. That's my bottom line. I don't care what the paper says.

5. zackmann

zackmann Guest

Ya, i think fisher knows his option won't be picked up...he is trying to prove to adams that he is the man to lead a new look titans and with it get a new contract (that will be below the average of the top 5 coach's)....i think the next move for fisher is to show adams that schwartz was holding the D back....

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Jeff was in on an interview this morning and ,again, he was defending his buddy. He said that their were schemes in place to stop Dallas' offense and on the majority of the time their was someone in position to make the play, but for one reason or another it didn't happen

which should lead people to wonder if it's the TYPE of personell Schwartz has to work with instead of the QUALITY of such

imo, our defense has talent all around. we know the Schwartz scheme has been riddled with holes lately; but is it all the scheme and the coach, or are the right people (for the team) being expected to do the wrong things ?

7. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I don't like Schwartz either, but everyone keeps saying we have so much talent on defense..... but at the same time everyone complains about L. Thompson and R. Hill (rightfully so) for example.
    So, which one is it?

Ewker said players are "speaking out against coaches in the locker room and on the field during games".... did I miss this? (Really. I may have?)

I hope Fisher stays. I think with the players we have, the draft next year, and the unusually large amount of $$ under the cap we will be for free agents...next year could be a season above .500 and 2008 could be playoffs.
    If Fisher (and staff) are gone after this season, IMO, it could be 2010 before we sniff the playoffs.

Fisher wanted Collins at the BEGINNING of training camp. Reese did NOT.
    Underwood is sent to town and Fisher almost immediately gets Collins (too late). I noticed Reese stayed as far away from the Collins/Volek deal as possible. That tells me that Underwood (Adams) are much more behind Fisher than Reese.

I would like to see Reese gone and Fisher stay. If it is managable, let Fisher be Head Coach / GM. As Parcells said...."If you want me to do the cookin', you should let me buy some of the groceries."

I like to think I am a fairly educated football fan, but I will admit that I don't know defensive schemes. It may be Schwartz, it may not. I do have faith in Fisher and if the schemes are that god-awful... I would think he would recognize it and do something about it. (Buddy Ryan was his mentor, so he is a defensive guy.)

On second thought..... Hell.... I don't know!?!?!?!!

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Good one
    I actually started this route first
    and somehow churned out something else

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I've lost faith in Fisher as a HC. Yes, for a period he was the HC with best win-loss record. And it was during this period that he gained his reputation as a "good coach".

However, this was during the period in which our team was stacked and we kept that talent by re-structuring contracts and putting off the inevitable. Since our talent pool has come down to below normal/normal, we can't put together 2 consecutive wins. The players have lost faith in the schemes and primarily Schwartz. Fisher has chosen to defend his peer rather than looking objectivity at the statistical demise of his defense.

He is not a good coach. Coaches like Billick, Bellicheck, Reid, Holmgren, Dungy, (heck-even Del Rio) can keep the team focused enough to show up until the cap pendulum swings back into favor. They hold their coordinators accountable- they fire them if they aren't getting it done!

I think the players recognize this and gave Fisher a chance to hold his DC accountable. Fisher didn't do it. He hasn't acknowledged in the media that his defense has fallen like a leaf to the bottom of the league. If he can't take responsibility or be accountable, he'll just keep making the same mistake again and again.

Fisher acts like he knows he isn't going to be here next year. He doesn't give a Schwartz anymore. End of the season he's gone.

Sorry for the negativity- just haven't seen anything positive from Fisher or the organization. Not even something to hang hope on.

10. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Riverman.....
    You make very valid points. I don't necessarily agree with all of them, but good points and opinions without bashing other posters. As of late, that has not been the case on these type boards. The respectful discussion is appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar