Future QB prospects

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ammotroop, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

According to www.fftoolbox.com these are the QBs that are currently in a contract year:
    Not a very impressive list if you ask me. Unless he completely falls apart over the rest of the season, I'm sure Denver will resign Orton (not that I'd really want him here anyway). Pennington may call it a career given his latest injury (again, not that I'd necessarily want him here). The only person on that list that I could get even remotely excited about would be Jason Campbell. Either that, or look to the draft and take a big time gamble.
    Still, I'm holding out hope that Vince will be the answer here. :)

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Henne is suppose to be the starter for an "extended time", so i'm guessing they'll give him 3-4 games to show his stuff if he doesn't do well then they'll go in another direction. Henne was taken in the 2nd rounder and is suppose to be the Dolphins QB before they got Pennington. Thigpen was traded for because they only had Henne at Pat White, if Henne does bad Pat White isn't really a QB. Thigpen would be great for their offense, he has speed and can catch.

I would love Henne to become a Titan... Maybe a 3rd and 7th?

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

My 1st option is take a QB early in the draft 1st or 3rd (we don't have a 2nd).
    My 2nd option is to keep Vince Young and make him the starter then draft a QB in the later rounds.
    My 3rd option is to trade for a decent QB, Chad Henne or Brady Quinn (both have other decent QBs on team.)

I wouldn't mind taking Tony Pike (QB Cincy) in the 3rd to be the franchise QB.

4. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

I was with you until the Brady Quin my brother is a Browns fan he told me Quin is terrible all he does is throw 3-5 yard check downs. Now that I think of it u may be right he would work for our offense. :)

5. ThaITANS

ThaITANS Camp Fodder

Brett Ratliff and Brodie Croyle will be free agent after this season.I like them but Croyle has some injury problem.

6. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

I'm fine with anyone that isn't a Texas Longhorn.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. iQon

iQon Starter

Nothing. He just goes to Notre Dame. I'm sure there were several people who wanted Quinn here.

Clausen is a garbage pick to me and wouldn't fit. We don't have receivers that can go get the deep ball. And what's the point of even having a QB with a arm with Fisherball?

8. Woy

Woy PA's finest.

I'm literally laughing at some of these responses. Jason Campbell? Jimmy Clausen? No thanks.

One player I love that will be out next year is Dan LeFevour of Central Michigan. Has great mobility and throws it well. Looking at past successful MAC quarterbacks (i.e. Ben Roethlisberger, Chad Pennington), I could see him being very good in the NFL. If he's there in the second or third, we better draft him.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That is just asinine dumb! We are averaging 35 passes a game!

I'm sick of reading dumb comments about how we never throw. We added britt-washington-cook this year WTF do you want? We are not losing because we don't throw enough if anything we are forced to throw too often.

As for clausen he has a strong arm and might be suitable for dinger's offense. He might be a better pro than he has been at college but this perpetual crybaby crap about how it doesn't matter who the QB is because we never throw is just ignorant crap. Shut up!

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Erik Ainge is who i been wanting for a while.

I hope one day he lands with us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar