Future QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

It IS 28!

Carr is 29.

Yep its official. I'm an idiot, but that's okay. As long as I'm not a big idiot.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea and?

It's not like Collins ever developed into an awesome playmaker like we thought Young would do. If I use my #3 overall pick on a QB he damn well better be a great QB. Thus far Young is worth about a 3rd round pick. Yea I mean he deserves at least another year but if it's more of the same then I'm sorry. To me Mark Sanchez looks too good to pass up in 2010.

3. vyisgr8t

vyisgr8t Guest

WOW, so I Gguess kerry is the reason the Titans are in the playoffs right? Geez, i thought it was chris johnson adding running pressure with some great schemes from heimerdinger. But of course not. Kerry is the teams savior right? So if Vince was QB we prob would have gone 0-16. Im just trying to understand what the numbers are saying that means vince young is a terrible quaterback. I guess two back 2 back winning seasons arent enough right.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Dude.

Vince was wildly inconsistent in 07. He had more stinkers than good games & his turnovers were killing us.We were winning in spite of him at times rather than because of him.

He had the hamstring injury through no fault of his own & without his mobility he was bad.He played maybe two really good games.Most of the time he was asked to throw it I had to take immodium just to stay safe.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Given that we were 13-2 going into the last meaningless game nobody can claim that one player got us to that point. There are many but in my opinion collins has been our most valuable player because he rarely got sacked, rarely turned the ball over and managed an 80 passing rating despite having the worst Wrs in the league.

Collins was available every play not 55% of the plays like haynesworth. He made it possible for us to win almost every game and played his best in games that we needed it the most. Bears, jags, steelers.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Collins has won 4-5 games alone this season. CJ is good but without the threat of Collins teams would commit to shutting down CJ. Collins arm has opened up our running game. you put VY back in there and no team is going to worry about the pass they will be stopping CJ and VY from running. And we would be lucky to win 9 games.

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I feel CJ has been more valuable than Kerry adding a dynamic to the offense, although CJ would not be able to do what he's done without Kerry being a consistent passing threat that avoids the blow-up game-changing mistakes (fumbles, int's).

Rolltide is right, he is valuable in that keeping the mistakes at a minimum is what keeps this team ticking. Kerry had 1 fumble this year, Vince had 10 last year. Imagine if we had 1 more fumble, and 1 more INT in EVERY game we played this year. Hard to keep a #1 AFC seed with mistakes piling up like that regularly. Not just on the immediate effect, but errors take away momentum from an in-game and game-to-game basis too.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Bottom line - if you think The Titans would be #1 seed in the playoffs at 13-3 had Vince played all year I believe you would be sadly mistaken.
    You'd be correct about games like KC and Detroit where they completely dominated with the run but in those critical passing games like Indy1, Jax2, Chicago etc Vince doesn't get 3 wins.
    Not sure what so blatantly convinces you that Vince is so capable a passer/drive manager because he sure hasn't shown that in the NFL.
    Did we not go from worst (Vince 07) to first in Red Zone with Collins 08?

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If last season's Vince Young was the starting QB, the Titans are probably playing today at San Diego AT BEST. But it's unfair to assume he would not have improved this season.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I disagree seeing how he played in his first game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar