Pre-Game Thread Game 1: Titans @ Steelers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I think on paper we are the better team but PITT lives off their old reputation a lot. Even if we win this game the media won't be saying "Those Titans sure looked good" it will be "What's wrong with the Steelers?" Just prepare for it.

You don't just lose James Harrison and Mike Wallace and not take a step backwards. Heck we beat them last year with those two.

The only thing that worries me is they have a huge home field advantage. When we played there in 2009 to open the season, I remember them saying then that there had never been a field goal made in that stadium of over 50 yards. Not sure if it's happened since then, but it's a hard place to kick. So we better be scoring TDs instead of FGs.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'm pretty sure James Harrison was out......I think he was on IR actually.

3. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

For some reason, I feel overly confident about this game.

That defense has gotten old overnight it seems and their OLine is in even worse shape.

Need Locker to get off to a good start.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If we can run the ball this weekend then it will be a very good sign for the rest of the season. The Steelers were the 2nd best defense against the run last year. The Texans the next week were the 7th best against the run. So our OL in going to be tested early.

Whoever wins the turnover battle will win this game. Our guys shouldn't be intimidated by the crowd because besides Warmack no other rookies are really going to play that much. I fear giving up a big special teams play to them.

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Where's the CJ juke vs Troy.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I'm thinking about picking up Felix Jones and starting him in fantasy this week! My reasoning is the fact that teams ran all over us in the pre-season!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

You are 110% correct on that statement my friend.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Squeelers are favored by 7. That seems a bit high.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm 50/50 on this game. I'm trying to be optimistic about our season, but our secondary is just garbage still. Big Ben will likely have a field day, they lost Wallace but still have Sanders, Brown, and I like Wheaton out of the slot. We should hold them to under 70 yards rushing - force Big Ben to make plays to win. We have to stop that by sending blitzes like crazy. They're still the Steelers on defense, new faces - but still have Troy, Woodley, Timmons and now have young guys like Jarvis Jones, Ziggy Hoody, and Heyward stepping up.

I project a slow start to the game, for both teams. Ends up being way to close... but we end up on top.

Titans 27
    Steelers 24

We score late and Big Ben has the chance to drive the field in a 2 min drill to win/tie the game. However, we intercept him and he crys. Locker goes for around 230 yards (60% C) w/ 1 TD & 1 INT. CJ2K establishes hisself are a rebirth with 125 yards and 2 TDs. Big Ben throws for 300+, but they're running game is awful.

10. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. Win or lose, this first game will not be an indicator of how our season will end up IMO. By week six we'll know for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar