Pre-Game Thread Game 1: Titans @ Steelers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I assume Greg Williams scheme was a good simulation for Jake all preseason

2. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

It's great having Steeler Week back. I sill like the old division. Go Titans!

3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Steeler week and The Steelers can go straight to hell.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. pdrivetitan

pdrivetitan Practice Squad

Any fans in the South Jersey area/ Philly want to watch the game on Sunday?

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Pittsburgh has won 10 straight home openers a streak i expect to see snapped when the Tennessee Titans travel to face the Steelers this Sunday.Roethlisberger won't have their leading rusher Jonathan Dwyer in the backfield because he was cut and rookie Le'Veon Bell is out with a sprained foot so they will go with Isaac Redman who is still dealing with a neck injury and he will be without two of his top receivers from 2012 deep threat Mike Wallace signed with Miami and Heath Miller most likely won't play due to a knee injury.Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown will be the receivers Big Ben throws to along with rookie Markus Wheaton.They'll face a Tennessee defense that hopes to be much improved after bringing in former New Orleans defensive coordinator Gregg Williams.He has been assigned to fix a unit that allowed a league-worst 29.4 points per game in 2012.

The Titans have made improvements to the offensive line by adding guard Andy Levitre,center Rob Turner,and first round draft pick Chance Warmack to help Jake Locker put together a breakout third season.He will have an improved line and a stable of backs that includes Chris Johnson who will share carries with Shonn Greene and wear down opposing defenses.The Titans have a pretty deep receiving corps for Locker to throw to that will include Nate Washington,Kenny Britt,Kendall Wright ,Damian Williams although rookie Justin Hunter most likely won't play.Pittsburgh has one of the oldest defenses in the league that includes Brett Keisel,Larry Foote,Ike Taylor and Troy Polamalu and they all have eleven or more years of experience.They will be without James Harrison who went to Cincinnati.The Steelers led the NFL with 275.8 yards allowed per game last season but forced just 20 turnovers -- the eighth fewest in the league.

Since 2001 the series is fairly even with Pittsburgh winning six and Tennessee winning five.

Titans Keys to Victory:
    1. Pressure Big Ben
    The Titans must find a way to get Roethlisberger on his back.

2. Feed Chris Johnson and Shonn Greene The Ball
    Jake Locker isn’t going to win this game passing the ball over 25 times.Chris Johnson has to be effective in this game.

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I agree with your keys to victory... we need a pass rush! That is huge to stopping their offense. They need sacks, and really need to complete tackles.

As for the running game, I agree with it but I think we will need to become a passing team of some sort to win in this league. If we do fall behind, running the ball may not be an option for too long. Hopefully CJ will get the holes and drive down the field!

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Also on offense its important the O-Line calls out what they're seeing. Its sometimes hard figuring who's who vs Pit since everyone looks the same.

Jake making sure he's protected is also big. Can't have him taking big hits.

8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Given all the circumstances, this is a game we should win. If we don't, it will only further prove that Munch isn't right for this job.

9. Skyline

Skyline Starter

As I said in another thread, this Bengals fan is probably a bigger Titans fan this week than any of you.

Titans 100, Steelers 0.

Let it be so.

:titanslogo:

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

With the Ravens looking rather shaky with injuries and FA losses, the AFCN title is yours to lose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar