Game 11 Preview: Tennessee Titans vs New York Giants

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The 3-7 Tennessee Titans, coming off an upset 31-13 road victory in Philadelphia, will play host to the injury-decimated New York Giants this Sunday.

The Giants are 6-4 but have now lost two in a row. Their last game was a 26-10 loss Monday night at Jacksonville and they now face the unusual step of having to travel the following weekend. Teams typically have a home game following an away Monday night game.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001880.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

If we stop Tiki and Make Eli beat us we got a good chance at pulling out a win with there banged up Defense and Offense.

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

It helps being a home game. I think we win as well.

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

yeah but trust me...our run D isnt that good (which i will talk about later) but seriuosly....if we stop tiki we win...now on to our run D

why the hell isnt it good...think bout it...on the line we got the ro beast and albert...two of the best....we got starks...who ppl talked all bout his potential couple yrs back...and on the ends ok we got KVB and laboy and tony (who also ppl have been sayin has been playing really well) ...our line is pretty dam good...almsot elite....maybe even elite....then on behind them u got the speedy insnae bulluck..the solid solid solid graet throton...and strong and fast sirmon in the middle and maybe tulluch soon for another element of speed....WHY THE HELL CANT WE STOP THE RUN i mean i thought this yr our run D would be like mid best or top 10...but we are not

do u think its b/c we need to practice as a team more...like it takes time to develop thsee things...like develop more team chem....or do u think we need new players?

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Our run d isn't good because Laboy and Odom are not starting quality ends there better suited as situational pass rushers and quality backups and which leaves the side opposite KVB vulnerable so they run towards them because Laboy is undersized and Odom can't play the run. Haynesworth is good but runs hot and cold and Brown and Starks are a tad undersized DT's who are better pass rushers but have potential. So if big Al plays every snap with authority and we draft a playmaking end(Gaines Adams) we should be pretty good as long as Starks and Brown keep improving.

Oh and one more thing for titan fan 4ever, Sirmon isn't fast or strong. Tulloch's much better which is why he will be our starting MLB next year and Sirmon will be let go.

6. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

Also KVB doesnt do a very good job in the run,I've seen him over run alot of running plays going for the sack..He isnt as bad as the other side,but he could be better if he played a little bit more disciplined sometimes.AH needs to play more consistent and he looked good last week.Tony Brown also impresses me...Randy Starks seems to get pushed around alot on run plays,and whoever plays RE wether LaBoy or Odom they both suck at run stopping..I think more of the run stopping or the "lack of" goes more towards Jim Schwartz,because in his stupid little 4-3 scheme where he puts the LB's 4 yards off the line,and the line gets no push,then we get screwed against fast scatbacks.When we go against bigger slower RB's like Jamal Lewis we do better because our LB's have more time to react and are faster so they beat him to a lane or spot on the field.but in JS scheme when they go against fast backs like Westbrook,LT,etc..we get blown up in the run game,because his scheme is too conservative,and he is scared of giving up the big play.Goodness we have Reynaldo Hill for that....come on JS be agressive for once,more blitzes or atleats more men in the box,and different looks to maybe confuse the opposing QB.I mean i could QB against the same 4-3 scheme we've seen all year.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Part of it's the players but a bigger part is Schwartz. We need a new DC and end oppo KVB and thats just the start to fixing our problem.

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

20-14 Titans.

On a related note, I predict that no fan will be cheering for Rey Hill more enthusiastically than Gunny.

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

:ha:

10. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

:ha: :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar