Game 2 Positives...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Believe it or not, there are quite a few-

1. It was an away game. I think this is overlooked. Yes, we should have won, but this is why you get 2 of these against division opponents. Home team is usually at a 3pt advantage. We took them to OT. That, vs a good team that we should have beaten? I'll take it.

2. We played badly. So many dumb mistakes, so many first downs negated by penalties, unneeded holds, the safety that wasn't, etc etc... and still went to OT.

3. This defense is legit. We gave up 7 early on the first drive where we looked asleep. I immediately thought "Well, my fears were correct. Pittsburgh is just really, really bad". But we rebounded, and now after this showing- I think it's safe to say this defense will keep us in pretty much any game we play. If the offense stops dicking around and gives them a rest- they win this game for us.

4. Michael Griffin is playing his role well. Bernard Pollard is scaring WRs. They're not going to go for those catches like Andre Johnson did vs us much. And best believe next time we play them, that will be in Andre's head.

5. Locker isn't turning the ball over. His production definitely needs a boost, and he needs to calm down, stop getting so antsy like he's never started before, but so far- this is much improved. He needs to realize he doesn't have to rocket EVERY pass in. Britt on that 3rd down he overthrew was killer. All he had to do was toss it to him, we get the first down, and most likely win the game.

6. Colts lost.

7. Jaguars lost.

8. We're tied for 2nd in the AFC South. Only 1 game behind the Texans- and we showed today that the gap is very narrow- if there is one.

9. No injuries. Not sure on Sammie Hill? So maybe one, but other than that we came out pretty clean.

10. We're still in a new system. With young/new players. This team is only going to get better. That Texans core is at their peak. Nothing changing there. NFC teams are going to have their hands full against us.

11. With what we've seen so far- there's no reason we shouldn't go 5-1 in the AFC South.

My negatives:

1. O-Line needs to improve. Today was unacceptable, but then again- the Texans DL is pretty stout.

2. McCourty needs to stop worry about getting beat, and play football.

3. Chris Johnson has forgotten how to run... again. Why he refuses to bounce outside once in the 2nd level blows my mind. There were 3 times today were he would have had HUGE runs, but instead of taking the wide open (with blockers) lane outside... he cut inside directly toward tacklers. You learn in Pee-wee football to not cut inside once in the open field.

4. Turner. Pointless penalties killed us.

5. Playcalling on offense was a joke. We proved we could move the ball at will on them- but only did it when we HAD to. This is Jeff Fisher 101. And it sucks. Play to win- not to "not lose".

That's about it...

I'm alright with this loss. This is the NFL. If we lose 6 games and 4 of them are like this- I'd be completely ok with that.

• High Five High Five x 24
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Jags lost = a negative at this point.

They're already Clownin'... They'll have their pick at Clowney or Bridgewater. I will literally be pulling for them in every single game other than when they play us.

Same thing I did with the Colts in 2011.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

all of those negatives should have been expected this early, CJ isn't really that much of a negative. He is actually running well with what he is being given. I'd like an 80 yarder, but if it isn't there it isn't there. Reynaud still needs to be cut and if Turner plays another game like this we should see Schwenke.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Without a doubt the biggest positive is that it looks like this defense is legit. Like Top 5 potential legit.

Also, there were two drives where this looked like a competent NFL offense.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Nice thread that summed it up.

I actually agree with everything you said on here. After reading this, I can come out of my depression shell..

With all that said, I think we can go 4-1 in the next 3 games.

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

Couldn't agree more with you and that is what really piss** me off the most because we really killed ourselves and the offensive play calling was like you said a "joke" , abysmal performance by our offensive callers.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

If they are going to bench Turner for Schwenke, they better do it ASAP, instead of waiting until midseason to tweak the O Line.

As for CJ, he is playing really well, but it's really clear to me that he has lost a lot of speed. There were 2 times where he could have took it to the house, but for some reason he didn't want to bounce it out.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

The defense is legit. But Locker looked terrible.

9. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

Positives- 1. Drive where the OC went no huddle and threw alot with Locker
    2. Pass defense and pressure

Negatives- 1. Run defense
    2. Offensive playcalling majority of game outside of 2 drives
    3. Shonn Green sitting out this game when he was dearly needed

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm surprised all the douche Texan fans haven't come back to talk sh*t yet.

Maybe they are just some of the many fatass Houstonians who suffered heart attacks when they realized the Texans aren't any better than the Titans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar