Pre-Game Thread Game 2: Titans @ Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

I was optimistic, but if you told me earlier this morning that we'd be taking Houston to OT, I would have say you were crazy.

The Cows fans were going nuts, could barely hear myself talking in the stadium, and even though the loss sucks, I'm please with how we played.

Offense has to sustain drives. Period.

And I now have a favorite Texan, Mr. Randy Bullock.

2. Titan_Lord

Titan_Lord Camp Fodder

In what wor
    ln what world should they be 0-2 and we be 2-0? They won...we lost....simple really.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Dude, you really do have the loosest butthole of anyone on the planet.

Jesus Christ loosen up a bit. We're on the same team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

I'm going to give another hats-off performance to Mr. Zach Brown today. Aside from that one TD, their TE's were basically non-existent.

5. TitansMVP

TitansMVP Starter

Never leave Pollard one on one with anyone in this league. Why? Ask Owen Daniels. He is bad in coverage, especially man. Keep him in zone.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Like most ppl would say, it's a tough loss to swallow but I'm pleased with our overall performance. To take Houston to OT in their home opener is impressive. This team has clearly made giant strides from last season.

Locker showed moments of good and bad. I'm a Locker supporter but let's be honest for his haters and fans; he's average and probably always will be. He's always going to make some bad overthrows, and then lead a 99 yard TD drive on the next out. If he was more consistent today, we would have won the game.

The run game went downhill the second half. Battle was used scarcely, especially after he failed to convert 4th and short. The OL was average. CJ didn't find many lanes that second half.

The defense struggled vs the run but I think our second half offense really hurt them. I think there were 4 series in a row where our offense was pinned back and we couldn't sustain drives; three and outs and penalties. I think I saw 8 yards was our "best" drive during this 4 drive period -- pathetic. That tired out the defense also.

Overall this was a frustrating loss but a step forward. This very well could be a playoff team. Especially in a weak AFC where we may be battling for wild card spots with IND & KC (I think we're better than MIA, BAL, PIT & SD).

Onto a three game home stand where we better take at least 2 of 3.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

And the majority of those yards were drives that resulted in punts inside our 10 and 50ish yard field goals. The defense was on the field way to much in that third quarter and it wore on them.

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

You are easily the most annoying poster on this board right now. Even worse than the real Texans fans.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The defense was on the field for nine minutes of the third quarter and less than half the fourth. The Texans D was on the field well over nine in the first quarter.

Overall, the Titans D was just on the field two more minutes than the Texans.

10. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Texan fans eat their own feces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar