Pre-Game Thread Game 3: Chargers @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Big props to Delanie Walker for staying aware after the disappointment of dropping a good pass in a crucial moment. He stayed alert and aware, and broke up the easy game clinching INT. Big play that won't get a lot of talk.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Hard to praise him on that play. He almost cost us the game by dropping that. Everything happens for a reason though.

However, he is a great addition to this team. He is one solid blocker for us and gets the job done when called upon.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I understand it was a very bad drop. If he doesn't get his hand/arm in there and break up that INT, we lose the game though. There's no denying that.

4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Not to be forgotten, first game of the season that we didn't give up a safety...

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

lol That was quick.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

Charger fans are talking about that gift wrapped interception as the main reason they lost the game but the fact is, had he managed to hang on to that it would have been a miracle considering that Walker just knocked it out of his hands. So I don't see how they could fault the Charger's db for not picking that one. They also are complaining to high heaven about not getting offensive PI on Hunter for that little shove on the winning TD.

Fact is, we were fortunate that we won in spite of all the penaltes/missed fg, a pick that almost was, etc. But that's life in the NFL. We wouldn't have been in that situation anyway had we gotten the 2 PI calls in the end zone that were not called. So there were a ton of bad plays by both teams. Just really sloppy overall. But I'll take it all day.

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Of what? Penalties thus far..?

8. CaseyTrain

CaseyTrain Starter

I believe the jets had more penalty yards than we did today. Should be a long game

9. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

Frankly, I didn't think we had a snowball's chance of winning either of the challenges. Refs got both of those right imo.

10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Or third place...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar