Pre-Game Thread Game 3: Seahawks @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Sep 18, 2017.

?

Who wins this Sunday?

Poll closed Sep 24, 2017.
  1. Seahawks by 1-3

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  2. Seahawks by 4-6

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. Seahawks by 7-9

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. Seahawks by 10-13

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  5. Seahawks by 14 or more

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. Titans by 1-3

12 vote(s)
    16.4%
  7. Titans by 4-6

14 vote(s)
    19.2%
  8. Titans by 7-9

19 vote(s)
    26.0%
  9. Titans by 10-13

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  10. Titans by 14 or more

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

2. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

It won't matter, heat and humidity doesn't effect players as much as freezing cold. I was looking at Seahawk forums and discussing with the locals here(Seahawks following strong in Portland area), they all believe Seahawks will lose.

3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I want to see us score more when we get in the RZ. Last year, didn't we convert 75% of all series that where in the RZ into TD's?

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

adoree has insane ups
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 4
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Yeah we did. I dont want to call it fluke but theres no way we are going to be converting at that high pace as we did last year. But I still see us being good just beacause MM8 is so great up there.

6. Should be packed with Seahawks fans. I know most of the seahawks fan clubs have collectively targetted the Titans game as the one grand travel game. Accessibility and ticket availability drove that decision.

Seattle's best at defending the run. Last week notwithstanding -- more than half of Hyde's rushing yards came on one play where the LBs played the wrong gaps. It should be a great matchup between great rush blocking and great run defense.

Seattle fans are very restless. Honestly, the team has been incredibly snakebit early. The OL shoulders most of the blame but at this point I think it's more of a case where it's confirmation bias. Not that the OL is good. It's not even average. But a lot of other things are going into it.

Mainly though, Seattle has dropped as many as 5 touchdown passes. Well dropped 4 of them and one WR slipped in his break to scuttle the 5th. That's not even including a stupid ridiculous mauling of Graham in the end zone for no call. Seattle has had opportunities but has really failed to make plays. It's been drops. It's been Wilson missing open guys. It's certainly been OL mistakes. Really it seems like every offensive player is taking their turn to scuttle drives and scores.

Jurrell is IMO the key. Seattle has shown consistent difficulty in handling gifted physical rushers on the interior. Jurrell should have a big day. I don't know enough about the other DL players. Expect them to double Jurrell all day long if possible.

Mariota could have a monster day on the ground. Seattle seems to give up a lot of conversions to rushing QBs. Especially the 3rd and long variety.

I think this game for the Titans could well be very similar to Seattle's game against the Baltimore Ravens in 2011. Seattle was in the midst of building their smashmouth style with mixed results. Baltimore was at the head of the NFL class in that regard that year. It was a physical/brutal game in which Seattle outslug the Ravens and validated their identity going forward. Seems like the Titans have the same opportunity here.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What say you?

8. JCBRAVE

Im just glad we actually believe in this team right now, any given Sunday at this point...

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think we win a very close one. Hopefully the defense decides to show up. Graham being out would be nice.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

every week Im picking us to win by 1-3

so far Im way off on that but I dont yet feel like we're at that point to feel overly confident going into any week

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar