Pre-Game Thread Game 3: Seahawks @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Sep 18, 2017.

?

Who wins this Sunday?

Poll closed Sep 24, 2017.
  1. Seahawks by 1-3

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  2. Seahawks by 4-6

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. Seahawks by 7-9

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. Seahawks by 10-13

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  5. Seahawks by 14 or more

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. Titans by 1-3

12 vote(s)
    16.4%
  7. Titans by 4-6

14 vote(s)
    19.2%
  8. Titans by 7-9

19 vote(s)
    26.0%
  9. Titans by 10-13

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  10. Titans by 14 or more

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Graham has 4 catches for 9 yards so far. And that's after going against GB and SF, two of the worst defenses in the league last year. Just think about what Walker did to GB last year, they have absolutely no business covering a TE.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

A good post from a Seahawks fan from the bottom of this page:

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=138979

RE: The Titans weak pass defense against the Seahawks

Russ would probably shred you guys if he just had time to throw, which he won't. Literally our line can not even get in the way of D-Linemen. You would think guys that are 6-6 300+ lbs could just sit down and make a pile that pass rushers would need to go around but they can't even do that. They will literally take themselves out of the way, particularly Mark Glowinski and Rees Odiambo. You watch, I am a truthteller.

Two years ago, at the end of the season, our Offensive Line was able to give Russell time to throw, and it was a beautiful thing. He tore teams apart, and that opened up the run game as well. We had an undrafted rookie named Thomas Rawls who bowled over defenders by doing his best impression of Marshawn Lynch.

We won 6 of our last 7 games and almost came back from a 31-0 halftime deficit against the Panthers in the playoffs. A deficit largely created when the O-Line reverted temporarily to it's early season form.

Russ is damn good, if you give him time. Which we can't seem to do...​

3. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Their OC and front office seem really inept on Jimmy Graham. They traded away a solid C in Unger for Graham, yet they get Graham and do nothing with him, he's an afterthought in their system. Russel rarely looks his way when passing. Jimmy went from a top 5 or 3 TE in the league to not even top 15. This trade was very dumb on their part for that reason plus the fact that once Unger got traded away it started the issue of their O line turning into garbage.

Bevel is their OC and dare I say he's worse than Robiskie? This is the dumby that decided to pass rather than pound it in with Marshawn from the 1 yard line at the Super Bowl. Dumb, Dumb Dumb Bevel.

4. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I am expecting a loss, but won't be one bit surprised if we win.

5. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

We're winning this, going to be a balanced run and passing attack.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Seattle fans really seem to dislike their OC. But I just don't know what you can do with that O line. I wouldn't be surprised if Casey, Klug, Orakpo, and Morgan all share a sack on a play. They can't block anyone with any sort of pass rushing ability.

7. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Bevel is a hand off and run on 3rd and long kind of OC, frustrating.

8. JonTitan

JonTitan Starter

As a guy who drafted Jimmy Graham way too early in fantasy football--he's not my biggest worry going into this week. He's done virtually nothing to date.

Their O-line has been terrible. If we can take advantage of that, I like our chances.

9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Hope it's not some sort of omen, but I recently received a set of orders to a squadron named the Seahawks.

I can brag and say I'm worth a #1 overall pick and since I transfer after the season, maybe that means the Seahawks have a high pick from lots of losses.

10. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Well he was 4th ranked TE last year - hardly trash. People just expected way too much from him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar