Pre-Game Thread Game 4: Jets @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Though to put THAT in perspective....Sanchez was viewed VERY FAVORABLY his first 2 seasons. Al we heard was how this rookie/young QB led his team to blah blah blah. I'd patiently point out that he was the QB but the defense and run game carried those teams. Sanchez did have some good games in the playoffs here and there, but nothing worthy of the praise he was getting.

When the took his run game and OL away and decided his passing would be the offense (thinking he's Eli),....OOOOOPS!!!!!!!!!

And now that Sanchez is where he is, he still can't keep his mouth shut. Just a couple of weeks ago he was saying that he 'won' the starting job except he got hurt and when he comes back he'll expect his job back. Apparently he hasn't understood the writing on the wall...he's done short of an inury. If Geno plays poorly and the Jets are out of playoff contention, Geno will play to get experience. if Geno plays well enough for them to be looking at the playoffs, they aren't gonna sit him for Sanchez!!!

I heard Rex interviewed this week and he said he didn't see Sims as a starting QB for the Jets so an injury to geno looks like the only way he'll come off the field.

Gut

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

completely agree with you Gut and your very detailed post. I wish I could elaborate on that but your post sums it all up. I just got tired of hearing it all and sanchez this and that. I did attempt to tell my friends that are jets fans that sanchez is not that good and they didn't listen. They apologized to me last year after our game with them on MNF lol.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Wonder if we will see Scott Solomon in the game lol

4. jetsknicks

jetsknicks Camp Fodder

Try being a Jet's fan. :hang:

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

most of my friends are since I live on LI.... they tell me I am lucky to be a titans fan but I tell them sundays are no joke for me either. Football is fun to watch but very stressful at the same time

6. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

We can really do this all day around the league. The Titans are also a few plays away from being 3-0. The point is none of the teams we are debating about are 3-0 with the exception of the Patriots, who the Jets did play. We haven't even played a 3-0 team yet so I can see why a Jets fan might feel that it is foolish for us Titans fans to use the strength of schedule as a point to determine that we are better.

At the same time, we went into the Texans house and took them to overtime which was impressive even though we lost. But I'm not about moral victories. We lost that game and a close overtime loss is still a loss. And yes, generally speaking you are what your record says. Maybe not as much now as later in the season. But I agree with you Jets fan that neither of our wins are that impressive. The Titans and Jets both had too many penalties the last game and frankly, teams that are that undisciplined probably deserve to lose.

Edit. Meant to say penalties, not turnovers.

Bottom line: Both teams have the same record and both fanbases are obviously biased, so I say let's just wait and see what happens.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

All 3 of our games have been decided by 8 points or less, and I think we have another one coming this Sunday -- My heart can't take it either, boys lol

8. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Ummmm, I thought we haven't turned the ball over yet? Pretty sure none last Sunday.

9. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

I meant to say penalties. My bad and thanks for pointing it out.

10. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Yea...WAY too many penalties (a few aided by the "charger fan" officials) but yeah. In our defense, we came out in the second half and had only one. Penalties will be down Sunday IMO.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar