Pre-Game Thread Game 4: Titans @ Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 27, 2017.

?

Titans @ Texans: Who wins?

Poll closed Oct 2, 2017.
  1. Titans by 1-3

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. Titans by 4-6

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. Titans by 7-9

21 vote(s)
    23.6%
  4. Titans by 10-13

20 vote(s)
    22.5%
  5. Titans by 14 or more

18 vote(s)
    20.2%
  6. Texans by 1-3

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. Texans by 4-6

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  8. Texans by 7-9

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  9. Texans by 10-13

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Texans by 14 or more

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

I am personally pumped that I will get to see this one live. This is going to be another old school football game just like last week.

Texans are tough. I won't deny they can beat us even how bad they looked week one.

Going to be a hell of a game! Just another stepping stone! Let's show Houston what we got!

TitanUp!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Get 150+ yards rushing and 200+ passing and we win. I hope our D won't let a rookie look good, that's my main concern.

3. kenny

kenny Starter

In the Clemson Title game against Alabama; Watson looked BAD when the DLine got to him. They hit him early & often. He was completely off his game to start. The defense really rattled him & he was making bad throws. If our defense can get to him & get a few NFL hits on him; he will look like the rookie QB he is...... As bad as the Texans' Oline has been; that should not be an issue. The problem will be keeping him down. The kid has heart. He came back from that Alabama beating to start the game; & put together a game winning drive. Our defense needs to play good fundamental football. We need to get a good Pass Rush in his face & make him think about & FEEL those hits.

If we can get in Watson's head, & the offense can keep from starting slow again; we can win big IMO. I would LOVE to see us come out as if we are going to run on the 1st series (AS ALWAYS); and go deep on a Play Action Pass. I really think it would set the tone of the game. They would have to think about it every single time they stack the box. That little hesitation could do a lot for our run game.

I REALLY want us to win this game. Having a game up on the Jags & Texans will do a lot for us later in the season!!! A 3 game winning streak should do a lot for the confidence of the team as well. Especially w/ the streak of good teams we just beat to get those 3 wins. We have 3 teams up next that we SHOULD beat: Dolphins (W/ Cutler at QB) - Colts (Quite Possibly w/o Luck) & the Browns (They have been better than I thought, but still the Browns.)

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

DLine and LBs will have to play disciplined football and keep their eyes in front, DBs may have to chase depending on Watson's escapability and improvisations.

Play everything short zone, O'Brien will want to get the ball out of his hands quick. We should be able to get home with 4 rush, then play cover 2 shade so basically you have 4-5-2. LBs will be key this game

5. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

A lot of positive people in here - this one scares me (and I picked a win over Seattle) - I don't know maybe cuz division opponent and usually are played close , Watson has looked really good for a rookie, they literally should have beat New England on the road now they return home pissed off ... hoping we win of course but this one scares me

On a side note , big day coming up with Ryan Succop who I believe is 2 FGs away from the Matt Bryant's record of consecutive FGs made inside 40 yards - he's been as automatic as they come latley - he doesn't get enough love

Didn't Bironas set the record for most FGs in a game @ Houston if I remember right - Succop gets the inside the 40 record in H-town

6. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

I was at that game!

Had no clue what the record was before the game but we knew while it was happening it had to be close!

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't think we can pressure or contain Watson. We spent too much building our O. We need more depth with OLB speed.. I think this comes down to which team has the ball last and that's a toss up in my mind because I think Bill O'Brian and Mike Mularkey are equally bad at clock management.

I think we lose by 1-3 unless we get a special teams score. I think this game is going to be that close. C'mon AJAX.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What's soap going to help?

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Any reasoning behind this or just gut feeling?We have 3 solid OLB. They don't win based off of pure speed but that doesn't mean they aren't effective pass rushers and have been for years really. Texans line is on par with Seattle and Jacksonville. I'm not sure why the pessimism for thinking we won't be able to even pressure Watson.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I think we win this game mainly because Texans won't be able to run the ball. We'll constantly force Watson to throw it, and while he'll make some plays, he'll make some costly mistakes as well.

This is going to be another hard nosed, tough football game. Similar to Seattle.

I expect us to win something like 19-13

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar