Pre-Game Thread Game 5: Chiefs @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

punt returns... just get away from the ball, c'mon man!

2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

also these pink flags and pink towels are confusing, penalty or no penalty? Keep the towels pink, there are more players than refs to promote cancer awareness but bring back the yellow flags.

3. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

So we are okay with Fitz or no? Maybe he plays better after more reps with the team?

4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Without a decent run game... it doesn't matter.

Even with Locker in... eventually things would "even out" with the offense sputtering due to no true run game.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Unfortunately for Fitz the 3 games he's starting are against probably the top 3 defenses on our schedule.

I'm alright with Fitz. Of course I'm not expecting him to look like an all-pro against the #1 defense in the league, with zero run game and receivers dropping balls all over the place. I'm weird that way.

6. Roy322

Roy322 Starter

D rey should have come up the 3 or 4 yards and caught the punt instead of lettin it hit the turf which i think he was told that notice the next punt the ball further away from him he comes up and far catches it. If this happens we arent down from the start of course the refs would have done something to get us done in

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Tim

Tim Starter

That's just stupid.

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

After a few hours of feeling nauseated... I began to think a bit on this game.

Reynaud is a bad, bad return man. Helped spot KC 7 points.

Run game suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Oline looks terrible for what was done in the off-season. Put Schweinke(sp?) in and let it ride. Gel my ass... the line would look AS BAD, at worst, as it does now.

On that same note, the play-calling for the run game is pathetic. Run CJ up the middle? The hell? Roos even said in his post-game interview how Loggains didn't have any runs anywhere BUT up the middle. Idiot Coordinator.

Calls were... bad, but they did even out. Not so certain about one of those PIs that gave the Titans renewed chance to score... The glaring problem was how that one call - which was a doozy of a bad call - pretty much gave KC the go-ahead score to take the lead. THAT is what made it bad. The timing.

Fitz was a decent back-up. I mean, when you have NO ONE ELSE helping you... no run game, players dropping balls left-and-right... average-to-bad protection... Fitz did the best he could. He even started to look good in the second half. The problem was when they game had to be put on his shoulders at the end. Saw the turn-overs coming a mile away. Fitz just isn't clutch.

ST kept their return game in check.

Ok, so all that... no run game, giving them a TD, no pass protection, a critical call at a bad time... the Titans almost came away with it. Yeah, almost only matters so much... but, there was very little going right for the Titans and they came close to defeating an undefeated team.

Sucks that it was an AFC team, though...

Oh yeah... also without Locker. So... add back-up QB to the mix... yeah, KC had a lot going in their favor and STILL barely won. Future looks decent is all I'm saying...

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

ReyBAD back too being dumb as a hammer again

Britt's mystery injury will keep him inactive until dehr Schwartzie can chuck a 7th rounder and a used washing machine at the Titans

10. Wizard82

Wizard82 Rookie

You guys don't give your D enough credit. The reason it was STILL that close, was because of the Titans very solid D. The Chiefs aren't going to blow teams out anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar