Pre-Game Thread Game 5: Chiefs @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah and that was more a bullet by JL instead of a bomb. A frozen rope not a moon shot. A laser beam not a catapult.

2. TitansMVP

TitansMVP Starter

If i'm not mistaken, Si.com/nfl ranked us 9th this week

3. Big Chief

Big Chief Special Teams Standout

No kidding man. We have watched some terrible football for years. This team is as solid as they come.

I didn't see SI but, Peter King had the Chiefs ranked 4th.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Chiefs have a similar team, I think this might be the game of the week personally.

5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I expect this game to be close, coming down to a last second field goal. It is going to be a hard hitting game as well with the possibility of a few appearances by the gator cart.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The Chiefs are legit. My game plan: Force Alex Smith to win the game. It's what teams have been doing to us, stop CJ and force Locker to win it (and he has). We have to stop Charles and force Alex Smith to win it for them. Follow that up with limit our turnovers, Fitz can be a turnover machine... he has to limit his INTs to no more than 1 and no fumbles on offense. Finally, the defense must get us a short field. When we get a short field, get 6 and not 3.

4 things right there, if we get 3 of them... we'll win. Whoever wins the turnover battle likely wins this game.

7. Big Chief

Big Chief Special Teams Standout

It would be better for ya'll if Locker was starting. I'm sure our defense has a bone to pick with Fitzgerald. He has torn them up the last two times we played him. However, this is a much better defensive system we are running now and Bob Sutton, the new DC, has owned Fitz multiple times.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think these teams are mirror images of each other in many ways.

The most interesting stats is both teams are +9 in turnover ratio. That ranks them first in the NFL by +2. The fact the Titans have not turned over the football in four games is just crazy.

Check how this stat tells the tale of W-L in the AFC: http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/givetake/league/afc

I'd be shocked if the winner of the turnover ratio Sunday isn't the winner of the game.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Fitz just needs to stay within himself. Often his turnovers are a result of him trying to make plays he is just not capable of making.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

What would be insane is if neither team turned the ball over.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar