Pre-Game Thread Game 5: Chiefs @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Here's how I see it --

Offense
    QB - KC (Smith has familiarity with his system after 4 games, Fitz has 1 week to prepare)
    RB - KC (Charles gets the nod 'til CJ has a CJ-like game)
    OL - Titans (Titans dominate here as they are better at every position)
    TE - Titans (Walker is better then any of your backups though McGrath played well last week)
    WR - Titans (Bowe is the best WR on both teams, but KC lacks depth thus edge Titans)

Defense
    DL - TN (Poe and Casey are having great years, but Devito and Jackson < Morgan, Pito, Klug, Wimbley, Ayers).
    LB - KC. Chiefs win this by a long shot. Hali and Houston are both forces, Houston is on fire. Jordan and Johnson can both ball. Fouku hasn't played well, but Ayers/ZB have shown flashes of brillance, but also make bonehead players time to time. Big nod to KC.
    CB - TN. Verner is playing the best ball of any corner in the league, that simple and McCourty is also having a good year. Flowers not being 100% really hurts, as Duanta is washed up - still like Smith though
    S - KC. Berry is a top-10 safety and Kendrick is legit also. Griffin is so up and down and Pollard in coverage is awful.

Special Teams
    KC - McClusters return last week was SICK

KC = 5
    TN = 5

I'd put the Chiefs as favorites to win this game, but not by much. Having Locker out is a huge loss, but Fitz has had success vs KC. Thing is, Titans are winning by controlling TOP and limiting turnovers, Fitz was known for throwing picks. CJ needs to have a big day, and he's yet to do that this year, can't rely on him. I'm still saying 20-17 Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

You mean the 2-2 Cowboys, wins versus the 0-4 Giants and 1-3 Rams? The Cowboys who lost to the Chargers, a team we've beat this year?

The fact that you Chiefs fan are thinking you'll steamroll us is funny. Newsflash: You haven't played anyone worthy. The NFC East is way down this year, worst division in football. Don't get cocky that you're 4-0 and sleep on the Titans, we can ball also, even without Locker. My bestfriend is a Chiefs fan & dear god do I hope we beat you all - can't listen to him rave over Andy Reid anymore.

3. chiefsfan29

chiefsfan29 Starter

Cowboys averaging 26 PPG, scored 16 on the Chiefs.

Eagles averaging 25 PPG, scored 16 on the Chiefs.

Jaguars averaging 8 PPG, scored 2 on the Chiefs.

Giants averaging 15 PPG, scored 7 on the Chiefs.

Doesn't that deserve as much mention? Regardless of how awful their opponents may or may not be, the Chiefs D makes them look worse than anyone else has.

4. chiefsfan29

chiefsfan29 Starter

You're the one positing the "we beat this team, who beat that team, who blah blah blah" argument, and Chiefs fans are delusional? By your logic everyone who beat a team that beat the Ravens last year should be waiting on a Super Bowl trophy.

Matchups matter. San Diego matches up well with Dallas, who matches up well with KC. That does not mean that the Chargers can hang with the chiefs as closely as Dallas did. They can't.

You act like any of the teams you've beaten will be in the playoffs this year...

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

joke of the century

6. chiefsfan29

chiefsfan29 Starter

You guys are gonna be surprised on Sunday. Ask me around 5 minutes after the final whistle blows what the joke of the century REALLY is.

7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

you got it dude. but how bout 5 hours cuz I work all day.
    so around 8 pm Arizona time ill be here to ask you.
    ill set my alarm

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. chiefsfan29

chiefsfan29 Starter

I'll be here.

9. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Alex Smith won't be able to hear a damn thing on the field come Sunday. Gonna be loud!

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And possibly quite wet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar