Pre-Game Thread Game 5: Titans @ Dolphins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 2, 2017.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Oct 8, 2017.
  1. Titans by 1-3

7 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. Titans by 4-6

7 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. Titans by 7-9

12 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. Titans by 10-13

3 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. Titans by 14 or more

11 vote(s)
    16.2%
  6. Dolphins by 1-3

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Dolphins by 4-6

6 vote(s)
    8.8%
  8. Dolphins by 7-9

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. Dolphins by 10-13

5 vote(s)
    7.4%
  10. Dolphins by 14 or more

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

this might be a shock to some....

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

The real shock isn't that the Titans are #8. It's that the Rams are scoring on almost 60% of their drives.

3. LongMonday

LongMonday Special Teams Standout

I hope Mariota doesn't play this weekend. Get him fully healthy and ready to go against the Colts, which will likely be a Luck v. Mariota Monday Night showdown.

In the meantime, not having Mariota against the Fins will put the pressure on our defense to hold the line. They were embarrassed against Houston, but they've got a lot of pride to uphold and there's some talent there. I don't see Miami getting their act together enough to score much.

Pound the ball with some Murray/Henry variety. They'll make a dent.

I predict we hold them to three field goals and Jackson finally gets his punt return for a touchdown that actually counts. Titans win 13-9 in an ugly game. But we walk away with a healthy Mariota and get ready for a the big lights next Monday.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Doubt that holds up, as new teams keep going they get figured out.

Same with QBs

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Am I missing something about the Dolphins Defense? Or offense for that matter?

They've scored 25 pts in 3 games (including getting shut out by that vaunted NOR D), give up 350 yards a game and only avg. about 230 yards a game offensively.

Dolphins are not good.

I can't see the score staying all that low based on the Defenses playing. Earlier in this thread I called 20-17 with Cassel. Still think that's appropriate.
    I can't see the Titans only getting 13 or 10 points. I could see the Dolphins only scoring a couple FG though.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Fair enough.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Depending on how much you wanna read into last week, neither are we.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. DaCost

DaCost Starter

I'm big time dolphin fan I seen all their games this season.

Dolphins offense is awful...but the Titans defense might help them turn things around.

Titans defense sucks but the awful dolphins Offense might help us get back on track.

If I had to put money on it I think our defense will lose us this game again I don't see us scoring alot of points since the dolphins Dline is very underrated.

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I'm confused, which team is your favorite team?

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Crazy. Neither are the Titans. Should be a fun one. Cassel vs Cutler. Battle of the incumbents.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar