Pre-Game Thread Game 6: Titans @ Seahawks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kpak76, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kpak76

kpak76 Special Teams Standout

Hey there Titans fans good to meet you all. I am a Hawks fan and I usually like to come to the opposing boards and see what you all are saying about the game myself.

I love it that you guys aren't giving up on this game like a lot of other teams fans have before the game against the Hawks. As fans I would expect nothing less from you.

From a Hawks fans perspective on how to beat the Hawks:

1) Winning the TO battle is huge. Our defense absolutely feasts on TO's, and when it happens at the C-Link the place goes nuts. This is the most critical thing to do. The last thing you want is to fuel the flames for the fans up here.

2) Run the ball effectively. The best way to do this against our defense this year has been up the middle. We had problems with trap plays in the past. Edge runs seem to die against our defense as we have the speed to keep up. This is still not an easy thing to do. Our run defense numbers are a bit scewed because Kapernick ran all over us (but didn't score). We do have a legit run defense.

3) Start fast and keep playing to the final whistle. The Hawks have been starting rather slow this year but pushing the accelorator in the second half.

4) Use bunch formations and other screening types of formation to give your recievers that extra second of seportation. This has been used against us and it seems kinda difficult for us to defend with our press coverage.

5) I cant stress this enough, win the TO battle. So make the plays on defense!

6) Make sure you special teams coverage is disciplined. Don't run out of your gaps unless you know you can make a play.

7) Gang tackle Lynch, arm tackles will not work with him. He has crazy yards after contact.

8) Defending Wilson is hard. I've noticed some of you underrating him on here. He is legit. He has the arm skills, consistancy, and clutch factor to be elite. He is just in a system that WILL run the ball more than pass atm. His numbers last year was better in the pocket than when he took off and ran. His pocket presence is very underrated by the national media. IMHO he is as close to the perfect QB other than Luck (that dude can ball). Best way to defend him is to pressure him and make sure our WR are covered.

9) Our vaunted secondary has shown some weakness this year. If you have the WR to take advantage, that gives you a good chance. The ones we have the most problems with are the quick, recievers than can run after contact. Guys like our Golden Tate. If you have this type of guy the bunch/screen routes can take serious advantage of our weakness.

After saying all this, I personally don't think you guys will win, even with Locker. I love Locker trust me, he is one of the all time great Washington Husky, but I know what his short comings are also. Unless his accuracy and happy feet tendancy has improved he wasn't the one to lead you guys in the C-Link. Also, as another poster mentioned, Fitz does not have a good track recrod agains this Hawks team. Last year in a neutral field, Fitz did not manage the game well. Thats with a guy like Stevie Johnson to throw to.

Also, I'd like to get your take on Locker. He was always big time clutch, but he had his short comings, and I had my doubts about his success at the next level because of these. How has he been for you guys?

Attached Files:

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I predicted a w weeks ago cant stop now lets go cj! lets go fitz! part of me believes britt is gonna ball out this week. hes gonna want to prove against the best that hes still got it. ball out brill 200 yards a few tds then on your way to Atlanta, Detroit, or san fran you go lol

4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

by 200 yards do you mean penalty yards because that I will believe. As much as I want him to play well my mind thinks otherwise

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Over/Under on false starts by the Titans?

6. 520

ITS ALL about positive energy mt friend.

definitely don't wanna lose this game
    and if we do that brings a must win scenario into the san fran game

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

So odd seeing this thread without Jeff's Avatar...

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Good post so merged it into the game thread for discussion.

Kendall Wright is our version of Golden Tate. He's only in his second year but is showing he has big play potential, IMO.

Locker has been very frustrating because he flashes potential only to make a rookie mistake. Most recently, he led a game-winning drive then came out and played the best half of his career before getting hurt.

For the Titans to become a playoff-caliber team this season, he is going to need to be the guy we saw right before the injury in the months of November and December.

9. 520

whoa how\\\\
    lockers the man! really coming into his own this year pre injury abd I fully expect hell come back and blow the doors off the nfl the second half the season

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I know and I am positive for the most part, just not on Britt. The san fran game won't be a must win because we will make up for it later in the season with our much easier schedule. I think we can definitely take these teams if we play well which means britt is on the bench.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar