Pre-Game Thread Game 8: Ravens @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 30, 2017.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2017.
  1. Titans by 1-3

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Titans by 4-6

9 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Titans by 7-9

23 vote(s)
    34.8%
  4. Titans by 10-13

6 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Titans by 14 or more

10 vote(s)
    15.2%
  6. Ravens by 1-3

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Ravens by 4-6

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  8. Ravens by 7-9

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Ravens by 10-13

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  10. Ravens by 14 or more

5 vote(s)
    7.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Flying in for this one boys. Super excited

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. kenny

kenny Starter

The Browns defense was one of the best in the league vs the run & the great Mike Mularkey ran straight at them. They were rated as an average pass defense & were missing starters in the secondary.

The Ravens are a very strong defense vs the pass & ranked 30th vs the run.... They are leading the league in interceptions & 2nd in pick 6s. So, I fully expect Mike Mularkey to come out pass heavy for the 1st time ever. Which should surprise no one. At this point I have very little faith in this coaching staff. I do not even understand the idea of giving everyone a full week off for the bye. If we were a better team....ok. However, all we have heard after bad performances; is "They failed to execute." It seems to me if we are "failing to execute" we should be utilizing the extra time to get those execution issues figured out. I agree that injured player should have the time off. Mularkey took it the other way. The injured players had to stay in for rehab & the healthy guys got the week off!!

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

or the qb. we have a game manager at the helm. When your qb is like that you have to win ugly games and be clutch down the stretch

• Pigeon Bomb x 2
    • Troll x 2
    • Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t x 1
    • Unreadable x 1
  4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'm most excited to see Cyp back on the field

• LOL LOL x 2
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  5. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Its always fun seeing a drunk person slipping and falling all over the place, brings greats laughs! That's the only explanation I can think of for Cyp, why else is he spending so much time on the ground?

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Who is the Ravens starting TE? Bout to snag him up for fantasy.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  7. Up_KD

Up_KD Starter

Okay. So here's what's going to happen. Listen up.

Titans spread the offense. Davis, Matthews, Taylor, and Walker all line up on the outside. Murray won't get the carries to run it for 2 yards anymore. Mariota will look like a GD god in the hurry-up as per usual.

All corners will play tight coverage. Jayon Brown will start next to Woodyard. Sly Williams will start at NB (Nose bench)

..... forgot to mention this will only happen when Mularkey and the rest of his 1960's staff leaves.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

QB is 100% healthy
    5th overall pick will be back

Gameplan is a no brainer. Run it up the gut with our ailing 30 year old rb thats been limited in practice since training camp.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  9. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

Baltimore are 3oth vs the run this year statistically so no doubt we will see more predictable 'pound the rock' plays on 1st and 2nd down...

I imagine Harbaugh will sell out to stop the run and load 8+ man boxes. Robiskie will stubbornly trot out his usual 1WR heavy sets and put us in 3rd and 6+ after 2 run plays. The thought is making me angry already.

If this is truly the first week we've got all Mariota. Davis, Walker, Matthews, Decker & Taylor all healthy we need to come out with some 3WR/1TE sets and open up the run game with some quick passes. It would also be nice to get MM8 into a rhythm before the 3rd quarter.

I do think on paper we match up well with the Ravens and should handle them but this team is too unpredictable and strangled by the coaching staff at present to have any expectations.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I'm going to be optimistic and say that we do just enough and the Ravens help us just enough to win by a TD. Who will we lose to injury in this game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar