Game Day lines at the gate

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Broken Record, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

What in the wide wide world of sports is going on at the gates these days? This year and last year, it has taken me 20+ minutes standing in line just to get in the stadium while everyone gets their pat down.

Last week I walked in with a bag full of rain gear and the security guy didn't even look through the bag. I asked him if he wanted me to empty it out and he said he just needed to pat it to make sure I didn't have an umbrella.

I could have gotten away with bringing in anything from a bottle of vodka to a hand gun, yet I still have to wait around all frickin morning to get in??

If my memory serves me, which sometimes it doesn't, this problem started last year and has continued even in the preseason games this year.

Did some policy change? Maybe I'm just showing up later, but I don't think so. Seems to me that all they are doing is slowing up the line without effectively stopping much contraband.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Sunday's game was the longest wait I can remember. What is frustrating is there are two gates closed (Gate 1) which could help if the organization would just get one of those open.

People standing around me thought everyone was being subjected to a full body cavity search it was taking so long.

Anyone know who to contact with the Titans on this issue?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It was an incredibly long line and wait to get in through the south endzone, and like BR said, they barely checked me when I finally got up there.

And after you start in a line a mile back, you find out there's only a female checking people in this line and they won't check males, so you got to drift back into another male only line. They need to have a male and female checking in each line, or designated male-only female-only lines clearly marked.
    C'mon Bud, you've raised the ticket prices during a recession, hire enough damn people to get your paying customers in...

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. alabamawoody

alabamawoody Camp Fodder

I got the most agressive body search that I've ever endured last Sunday---I actually started to ask the woman to call me but was obvious she had NO sense of humor. But she barely looked at my bag full of rain gear. Something needs to get better or you will need to be at LP 2 hrs before kickoff to make sure you can actually SEE kickoff.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Just show up later. That's what I do, and haven't had to wait much.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

that monday night game shortly after the 2001 terrorist attacks was the worst. Some hobo left a bag of clothes or something and a $7/nr security guard almost made me miss opening kickoff.

Sunday was second worst

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar