Gameday Crowd/ Experience

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alex1939, Oct 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

We have to also remember that our owners don't really care about the team's play. They have a product and it makes money, end of story. Until we have owners like the Rooneys, the Crafts, and Jerry Jones (when he's not meddling) we will suck forever.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

At one point we had a good punt and Miami was starting the drive inside their own 5-10 yard line, north endzone. There were 2 straight rows of Dolphins fans in that endzone. Our defense was trying to pump up the crowd, you know... cause we had them pinned and there was a lot of time left. I could hear the Dolphins fans mocking our defense.... from 30 yards away.

That is how bad the crowd has become. So much for home field advantage.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This is how I imagine Alex in the crowd, cheering on the team:

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

You also have to factor in that other teams have millions of fans, and we have probably around half a million.

If we had millions of fans, you'd see us raiding other stadiums too, even if it's just 2% of the fan base.

It sucks to see other teams raid the stadium, but to be honest, they have no effect on any of the plays we draw up week after week.

I myself, wouldn't spend money on a ticket, travel, and hotel to watch absolute garbage.

Don't just assume someone isn't a real fan because they don't go to games.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I was actually hoping to come down for a couple games this year. Was going to do a 10 day trip when the Titans had back-to-back home games. On the Saturdays I was going to see some SEC football live and during the week do some civil war sight-seeing.

But then I got stuck in Arizona longer than expected

6. napier0810

napier0810 Starter

I was at the game vs the colts a few weeks back i had on field passes and despite the game being exciting there isn't e'nuff crowd noise the stadium didnt shake and the jumbo tron did suck and the food was dry but i had a blast tho the fans just give to early they started leaving in the 3rd qtr

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

The people come to Nashville because, as I have been saying for a couple of years now, word is out that Nashville is a fun place to party and an easy game day ticket to score. The last time I came to a game (2012...it has been a few years now) the Titans were annihilated by the Bears. I flew down from Chicago on a plane full of Bear fans, spend Saturday night trying to get into bars full of drunk Bear fans, then flew back on Monday on a plane full of Bear fans after watching us get blown out by them. Not very fun....

Bottom line is that the tickets will be harder to get if ticket holders hang onto them, which would be much more likely if there was something on the field that compelled them to show up for games.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What came first the chicken or the egg? Then next thing you know were the browns. Except they still have a diehard fanbase so we are actually worse.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

at least they get me into the stadium in an acceptable timeframe now.

I arrive around 1115 and am in my upperdeck all22 seat by 1130

and that sums up anything positive I have to say about the gameday experience

now the tailgate has been consistently excellent for going on 17 years now!

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

You should just head home after the tailgate from now on.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar