Gap Between Titans and Haynesworth Was $2 Million

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

First off, you are not going to sit there and try to compare a regular person's salary to someone like Al's.
    Unless Al is just a bonafide retard who has squandered all of his money (which should be in the millions) over the past seven years, he has money in the bank.
    Now, even with the money he has saved up, which should be millions, he can live off the interest alone. I've mentioned this twice already and it seems like I'm trying to explain something to a stump or brick wall.
    Next, like I mentioned, 31 million in guaranteed money as far as being set for life is no different than 40m.
    When you make that much ****in money, a few million isn't going to matter...unless you're just a greedy jackass who is all about the money (you seem to be one as well).
    When you are regular people like most of us here who DON'T make millions, the difference in raise like you mention above IS going to make a difference.

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Be careful with your speculations there, buddy. You have no idea about what I make or what l value.

And you made my point. Us "regular" people don't make millions. So, we have no perspective on what a difference of $9M would be to a professional athlete. Like I said, to the person making minimum wage (or close to that) a $20K raise when you are already making over $50K might not seem like as big of a deal as it does to you.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think in reading the full article... it makes a lot more sense what AH said.

The fact the Titans wouldn't negotiate over a couple million in difference, now I understand why AH said "no hometown discount" when free agency came around.

AH also said if the Redskins aren't in the Superbowl, he hopes the Titans are and that they win. That a lot of Titans players are like brothers to him.

And unless a poster here is a multi-millionaire, I don't see how you can criticize AH for taking more money. There is a huge difference in 32 million to 42 million. THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE in 32 million to 34 million!!! And remember, the more stuff you have, the more things break. That cost money. The larger home you have, the higher the expenses. I'd rather have it than not have it, but the truth is: MO MONEY', MO PROBLEMS!

I'd like to add one other thing... I mentioned in another thread that I hope we sign Bulluck for the longterm. Part of AH's comments have been about us not willing to spend, not giving us a discount.. etc. I think having just 1 player that we drafted, be well paid, and retire as a Titan, would do a lot to restore our reputation towards other players. Because as of now, our reputation has to be pretty horrible. All the way back to how we treated Godfrey through McNair, and those other players in between. And I assume our reputation does include being "cheap" and not paying D-linemen to stay.

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

All I know is that if AH plays anywhere near his 07 and 08 seasons the Titans will have .......................

A REALLY ****** OFF FAN!!!:grrr:

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

crying over spilled milk..

6. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Yeah .... spilled milk that was slapped out of my hand.

7. 4EverYoung

4EverYoung Camp Fodder

Does anyone know what the Titans were offering this offseason? The market has completely changed.

Does anybody really think he will see all of that $100 million? That is the same franchise that cut Archuletta the year after making him the leagues highest paid safety.
    He suffers a career ending injury in year 4. The Skins can cut him and probably save on the cap. He gets a bad injury bug or his play somehow drops off(it should be impossible but sadly it is very likely), the Skins can cut ties and then he will have a hard time getting a contract.
    As I understand it, roster bonuses are included in the guaranteed money amount. If a player is due a $2 million bonus, the team can cut him before hand so really all guaranteed is all guaranteed .
    With the rotation Tennessee he would be better rested and therefor less likely to get hurt and more effect when he is playing. In Washington he will be THE MAN. Here he was a man that made a big difference.
    Don't forget because he is playing at FedEx Field he will have to pay the income tax of Maryland for all the weekly salary for the home games.

8. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

For sure. Basically it's only 48 million over 4 years. Going into year 5 it jumps up to something crazy like 29 million or something. It's a guarantee he gets cut or needs to re-negotiate then.

The 100 million picture is all about looks.

But .......

If true that we could have kept him, that hurts. Especially for the price of 8.5 a year. Four years would've been good with him here possibly coming into his prime.

9. 4EverYoung

4EverYoung Camp Fodder

Name one player in the nfl that has retired in the last two years that was drafted by a team and played more than the rookie contract and then retire with that same team?

The face of the Green Bay franchise was drafted by another team and retired with a different team.

10. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Troy Brown. What do I win?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar