Garrard plans to get rid of ball quick vs. Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky David Garrard got hammered on opening day. As his starting guards dropped out of the game against the Titans in Nashville, he got banged into from every direction -- seven sacks and 11 hits.

He spoke today about that game and the way the Jaguars will work to avoid a repeat of what wound up a 17-10 Tennessee win. He also touched on how Jerry Porter, who missed the first game, and Troy Williamson, who had only two catches, can be more involved in the passing game.

Courtesy of the Jaguars public relations department, here are some excerpts.

On the importance of pass protection after getting sacked seven times earlier this year against the Titans

"It is very important but also getting the ball out of my hands faster, not waiting for things to develop down field as long. There are guys open, guys that I need that I can get the ball to, just keep the chains moving. That is what is important. We are going to have chances as far as shots but it has to be real calculated. I have to make sure that I stay upright."

On if he was sore the next day following the season opener

"I was very sore but that is a part of football. That is how it goes sometimes."

On any particular thing that Jerry Porter and Troy Williamson provide to the offense

"A little bit of playmaking ability. You have seen them in the past. Troy definitely has the speed. Jerry has the ability to make plays wherever the ball is. I have to do a good job of putting it in the vicinity for them to just go up and make a play. That is what you have to do as a quarterback, try to make plays up the field."

On if he sees the Titans as a better team than the opener from watching tape this week

"I think they are making the same plays. They still have a strong front seven and that front seven really makes their secondary able to break up a lot of things. They are all playing with a lot of confidence and we need to have some of that same confidence even though we are not undefeated like that. Like I said, any given Sunday anybody can go out there and make the plays necessary. We have to do that. They look good so we have to bring everything we got."

More...

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

By 'get ride' does he mean turn it over? :grrhee:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

after game 1 Dave said - "This is the sorest I've been in a long time," Garrard said. "I don't like being this sore."

After game 10 Dave will say - "This is the sorest I've been 9 games," Garrard will gasp. "I still don't like being this sore."

and GoT will again say
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar