Garrard slow start in line with team's

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky

[​IMG]
    Garrard

Through two games, David Garrard's 65.6 passer rating ranks behind such notable signal callers as Kyle Orton, Chad Pennington, Brian Griese, J.T. O'Sullivan and Matt Cassel.
    While no one expected Garrard could match last season's 6:1 touchdown to interception ratio, he's now at 1:3.

For the Jaguars and Colts to both come out of Sunday's game 1-2, Jacksonville needs Garrard to be more the efficient guy he was last season.

Jack Del Rio wants an orchestra conductors, he said, not an instrumentalist.

"We just want him to be a good player, be a part of this offense, just direct things, kind of be the maestro," Del Rio said at his Monday press conference. "He doesn't need to get down there and play the trumpet, trombone, drums and everything else. Just lead it, orchestrate it, and get the ball into playmakers hands and let them do their thing. And he will, because he is a natural playmaker, makes plays himself. We just want it to flow naturally. So we'll keep grinding at it."

That all sounds good, but the fact is Garrard's orchestra is down to some second string tuba players. Behind a makeshift interior offensive line, he may never be able to find his rhythm.

More...

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Garrard may not live up to last year again (fingers x'd :))). He had one really good year, but he wasn't a star before. His ability to run and break tackles is not in question, but I bet his pocket passing game levels back off. Wonder if Rio is feeling the pressure by already calling out his QB (well in an easy way I guess).

The thing I hate to say about Garrard is he sometimes reminds me of McNair when he pulls out a great play. Hard to bring down, fights to the whistle, has to drive defenses crazy. I'm still surprised we took him down so much in the first game.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

brian griese part II

4. whutaboutGump

whutaboutGump Naw mean?

He'll find his rhythm listening to his IPOD on the sideline after Freeney ear holes him a couple of times Sunday!

:wink2:

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

And, hopefully it continues. :wink2:

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Jax vs. Indy.. When a stoppable force meets an incredibly movable object.. I guess when two underachievers play, somebody has to win...

just kidding Gump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar