Gears 2?!!!!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by ammotroop, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I found Gears 1 lacking to be honest. I liked it, but I don't see the 'greatness' in it. There are definitely better games on the 360 imo.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I think 99% of the gaming population who have played GOW2 would say it's a cool *** game. But like most Microsoft flagship titles, the hype is a bit ridiculous (although nowhere as ridiculous as the overhype of a very mediocre Halo 3).

The difference between a Killzone 2 and GOW2? Probably just advertising and hype...

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Hmmm...I liked the Gears story, but I love the online multiplayer. It takes skill to rank up, and its not easy. A challenge to my day, but there is nothing better than to toss a grenade into a group of unsuspecting locust and watch them blow to pieces...!!! :)

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm all done with Gears 2. It was a great game. I played on the level below insane. I'll give it a 92/100.

Liked:
    The Epic Nature. It felt bigger. Bigger monsters. Bigger scenes. Good stuff.
    Great battles at the end. I was down to my last bullets. Tight situations.
    Weapons. Some cool weapons. Advantages and Disavantges to each. Choices make a difference in game play.
    Enemies were tough at the end. Good battles.
    Crawling back for help. Pretty good idea there.
    Characters and story were bold. Good.
    Liked how some friendlies and enemies either advanced or did not advance.
    Dialogue felt just right for me. Funny. And helps fight the battle.

Disliked:
    The Linear nature. You have options which is cool, but still very linear in nature. This game could have a little more freedom.
    The flying battles. Too hard to get a lock on target. Frustrating at times. More luck than skill. Need more moments of control. Though I understand the dodging Chaotic aspect makes sense.
    Some parts to easy in the beginning. No challenge. You could techincially do nothing and get past it even on hard levels.
    Dom in one of the final battles was always dying at the wrong time and running all over the place. I wanted to shoot him myself.
    Sometimes felt left behind as my friendlies advanced and I was searching for stuff. But understandable. Not a real problem.
    Occasionally the A button would be a problem, run vs. cover, but not bad.
    Queen over the loud speakers was stupid. But even the developers knew it.

On to the online mode, which is supposed to be real good. I don't play online a lot, but want to try this one.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Hey PHI!! I always see you online....I will have to get you an invite and teach you the tricks of the trade...!

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Dom is an idiot. I still haven't played gears2 because my wife left it at her moms, and hasn't been back yet due to it being past her mom's b-day and she hasn't gotten her a gift yet.

7. KY_Titans7

KY_Titans7 Guest

I borrowed Gears 2 from one of my friends a couple of days ago. I just beat it last night. It's an amazing game.

8. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

I beat it last night and I just can't wait for the 3rd installment, see you online.

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I am on there a lot.....yet the quitting gets very very irritating online. People quit as soon as they are losing so it wont count, yet there is no penalty for quitting. Very irritating...

10. KY_Titans7

KY_Titans7 Guest

I can't wait either. The little thing after the ending credits kind of leads everyone on that there will be a Gears 3!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar