General Manager Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

All you old-timers' will remember our attempts (some failed) to run this in previous years. Essentially, we assign GM responsibility for all 32 teams to posters on this board and run a 3-round mock draft over about a 2-week period.

Here's my plan on how to run it this year.

16 General Managers will be assigned. Each GM will be assigned 2 teams to control for the duration of the draft.

GM's nominate interest by replying to this thread. If we have more than 16 responses, then priority will be given based on post-count. Those that get "balloted out" on a post count basis will be assigned as assistant GMs.

Teams will be RANDOMLY Drawn. There will be 16 "bundles". Whoever has team 1 will also automatically get team 17 etc. Once the applications have closed, I will randomly draw the 16 bundles and assign responsibility to the nominated managers.

Nominations close on 17 March. (NOTE - Please Nominate By Posting Your name in this thread. If you only want to nominate as an assistant GM, please note that also.)

GM Draw will be made on or about 18 March

GM Mock Draft will start on 24 March.

**** NOTE - This is different to Jeff's Forum Mock Draft. I would obviously encourage you to ensure you participate in the voting exercise for the Forum Mock Draft as well!!!! ****

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Count me in. Sounds like a great idea. You're the best!!!

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i look forward to this every year. im in.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I'll get in on this.

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I'll take one. Damn my low post count!

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm in.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

8. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Carpy, count me in as well!

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'll play.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Get the thread started you need and I'll put a sticky on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar