George Wilson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Or its a dirty strategy to keep his market value low as they are looking to resign him if he can't get the deal he is looking for elsewhere....

Thing is he is suspect in pass coverage, but stout in run support from what i read. And while our passing D sucks, our tackling is just as bad.

Might I remind you guys that Chris Hope was excellent his first year here and provided great leadership as well. If he can fill a similar role and for a bargain, I'd take him in a heart-beat.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

How much of George Wilson's release is because of the deep pool at DB in this draft?

3. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

we drafted the fourth best safety in last year's draft after he fell to us in the sixth round. We took a gamble on a hurt player and he spent all last year on the pup list. Markelle Martin might work out this year, but Id be happy having Wilson teach him how to be a pro bc griffin sure isnt going to! Sounds like a good signing. I read that Wilson only has 7 years of pro experience... How many does Griffin have at a younger age? Perhaps Wilson has more in the tank than we think. Im also interested in Tommie Campbell switching to Saftey. That boy is fast!

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Campbell went from a safety to a CB just last year.

5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Yeah, I'm still excited to see how Markelle performs. I was talking about picking him up in the 3rd or 4th round last year and we got him in the 6th?!?! Maybe he'll take over for Griffin at some point this season. While Wilson would be an OK fill in for a year or 2, I just hope we do better with all the talent that is out there. There are 9 safeties I would rather have than Wilson...There are a couple rookies I'd rather have than Wilson too, so like I said we better only offer him something like 1-2 years @ 1 million per year.

6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Campbell will never be anything more than a special teams star I fear. I wish he was smart enough to actually contribute on defense.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He was actually excellent for three years with us (2006-2008). 2009 and beyond was when we really started to see him suck.

But Hope was much younger than Wilson when he joined our team.

8. RavensShallBurn

In fact, we should probably stop using Chris Hope as an example because Hope was 25 when he joined the Titans. He's currently 32. Wilson is currently 31 and about to be 32. They are only 6 months apart, age-wise.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Wow really only 25?

I always liked Hope

10. RavensShallBurn

Yep. We signed him 7 years ago. Time flies. Depressing, honestly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar