Get A Decent Veteran QB Plus Add Free Agents On Defense We Could Be Good In 2011

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

anyone agree?

Think if we add a QB like Hasselbeck or Josh Johnson then add a few pieces on defense such as Kris Jenkins as an example.We also have a few guys on defense through the draft who might impact such as Casey,Mccarthy,Ayers,etc.

Also we travel the least miles than any other team in the league.We also have a much easier schedule than in recent years.

anyone think this team could go 9-7 or 8-8?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Honestly no.

Too many what ifs and as of right now we have no ready QB, rookies don't have a playbook, team hasn't been together and there is no free agency. And at this stage we're not very good.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

New HC new DC, OC, QB, DT, and LB. Hopefully the free agent additions you speak of are a new SS and new CB plus possible new LB. Derrick Morgan is more or less a new DE. Way too many new faces for any real continuity this season. I agree that we will have the pieces in place to be very good, which is awesome, but the odds of it coming together by September are unlikely. Especially without proper offseason workouts and routines.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm with the OP. Yea the lockout hurts, but one advantage coming into this season is that teams won't know how to prepare for us. Our offense and defense will be running new schemes and we've got some players who have to be accounted for (CJ, Britt) and if they're not, they can break games open.

It all depends on how well our offense gels. I'm not too concerned about our defense, our coaching has been holding our defense back in the past.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Actually, Locker got his playbook and I'm sure a defensive player got one that day too. They're allowed to photocopy the playbook and distribute them to other players so it's entirely possible most of the team has a playbook now.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Our biggest needs as far as FA are on defense. Even without additions I think we're in good shape. SS is our achilles but we might have one on the roster who can step up. Only time will tell.

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'd have to agree, unfortunately. There's really only five teams you could argue are worse than us. No team finished worse than we did over the last 9 games of the season, so we deserve to get no love.

I would be shocked to see this team surpass 6 wins this upcoming season. I say 3-13 which would be a Titan team worst. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The only way the title of this thread can come true is if we were to sign Palmer, Hasselbeck, or McNabb along with Nnamdi Asomugha, Mike Tolbert, Sidney Rice, and Quintin Mikell.

Obviously, this scenario is impossible because we cannot afford all of those players. That's exactly why it's a stretch to think we can be good this season.

You never know though. I was expected somewhere around 9-7 in 2008.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They "don't" have their playbook. But essentially they might have the book but can't discuss it, talk to coaches etc.

I'm just not convinced we will be in good shape come season beginning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar