Get A Decent Veteran QB Plus Add Free Agents On Defense We Could Be Good In 2011

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

Do you always post in such a needless contentious manner?
    Yes, I read other peoples posts do you actually follow the conversation before you insert yourself?

I'm not talking about the running game, never even implied I was.
    I'm talking about sacks and QBs hits because that's what mike75 and I were talking about: pass protection.

And like I said in my previous post numbers can indeed lie, but I'm going to disagree that any OL that only gives up 26 sack and gave up the fewest QB hits can be considered bad.

Its okay to disagree last I checked.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Ed its alright to disagree.I definitely see your point about our line not being that bad especially when your used to watching a team like the Skins and the QB's running for their life the whole game.We are definitely spoiled a bit by good O line play.Joe Gibbs had the best Offensive line in football there in Washington back in the day.The Hogs was the nickname of that great offensive line with players like Jeff Bostic,Joe Jacoby,Jim Lachey,Raleigh McKenzie,etc.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

You might not be, but most of us are. If you're going to talk about the Titans O-line, the focus needs to be on the run game, I think. I'm not arguing with you that the pass blocking was good. I don't think anyone is. Your stats are legit. I'm just suggesting that you not repeatedly post stats that aren't really relevant to the conversation. You posted them, we said that they didn't really matter because it was the run blocking that was the problem and then you posted them again as if they were somehow more relevant the second time. I didn't mean to offend you, but it kind of seemed like you just ignored what everyone else was saying because it didn't fit your argument.

4. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

WTF?
    You joined the discussion after mike75 and I were talking about pass protection in regard to Locker.
    I even posted the quote that was the origin of our discussion.

If you wrongly thought I was talking about the running game that isn't my fault.
    I'm trying to be polite here, but get a grip.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Went back and had a look. Maybe you were trying to direct your posts to just one person, but you should use the quote function if you want to do that.

You said "Seems a bit unrealistic to expect better OL play then last year. 6th fewest sacks. Least QB hits." This was directed at everyone.

Then a bunch of people (including me) said that the O-line could most definitely improve. They were all responding to you.

Then you came back with the retort that the "6th fewest sacks and 1st fewest QB hits," which didn't at all address what everyone was saying and was just you repeating what you had already said.

Then I asked you to stop posting the same stats over and over because they weren't adding anything to the discussion. I (rudely, I admit) suggested that you respond to what people were saying.

Then you got all upset.

This really isn't worth arguing about, so I'll just apologize for being rude and move on.

6. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

No worries.
    I try and post in a conversational manner the same way I would at a sunday sports bar.
    This beer is on me:
    [​IMG]

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If Hasselbeck stays healthy and Britt stays out of trouble i think those two could put up good numbers together.

8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Hasselbeck getting decent protection from the offensive line and CJ getting better blocking with some daylight to break some of his long runs i think we could definitely surprise people on offense.Factor in a few long bombs Hasselbeck to Britt to round out things.Defense could very well be a top ten unit again also especially with Cecil no longer around to screw things up.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

When I first saw this thread and read this question my initial answer would have been "hell no."

Now I think we definitely can go 8-8 or 9-7 this year. That doesn't mean I think we will actually do it, and I'm still anticipating a losing record (7-9). However, I'm expecting us to have a team that can and will compete every Sunday. That's all you can really ask from a first year head coach with a completely new staff, several new players, and a rookie QB.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Agreed. I'll be satisfied if the team is competitive and plays hard no matter the score.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar