Get Calico Out Of Here Now..........

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

YES!!!

No clutch players, only "crutch" players.

As far as Calico- He still has the same catch skills he had as a rookie. His physical attributes WERE good but now he has bum wheels. We've been hearing the same story on him since he got.

Sure he can compete for a roster spot, but I think he is definitely a BUST and short of miraculous change in his game we are foolish to waste a valuable roster spot on him.

2. Toly

Toly Free your mind

I also believe that Calico has some potential but I just don't understand why the guy keeps dropping passes. Did he have the same problem in college?

3. Riverman

I don't follow MTSU closely, but I understand he has the same skills he had then. It appears he was a "project" that just didn't develop like we hoped.

4. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I think Calico deserves another off-season to get better. He's under contract anyhow, so why not just stick him somewhere with a juggs machine? What's it hurt? The fact is that he DOES still have potential. This is just a bad season, and everything has been magnified by losing.

BE PATIENT.

5. Riverman

Please. Injury or not, he has never been able to catch a ball consistently. That was the "project" objective.

FACE IT. HE DOESN'T HAVE GOOD HANDS!!!!

6. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I say again: BE PATIENT. He's under contract anyways...give him another offseason to get healthy, better (Sherman, WRs' coach). Losing sucks, but that's what's great about everywhere in the NFL but Detroit: there's always next year.

Even the Bengals are Division Champs this season...

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

8. Riverman

I don't have any problem with letting him compete for his roster spot next year. I just hope we draft or pick up a physical receiver. I've seen him drop too many, look over the wrong shoulder, fail to jump, jump to early, wear the CB's like a cape, etc. He doesn't play special teams.

There is just nothing encouraging about his game. I'm as disappointed as anybody but being patient is going to make him any better. Roster spots are too valuable. He better look solid and not get hurt in camp or he's out.

9. CriticalTheory

CriticalTheory WestSide 718 ShadowMafia!

Look at this garbage no wonder we suck so bad with this "There is always next year" " Let him develop" talk.

So if we have another losing season the same guys are gonna spew out the same "Next year" talk. While the Colts and Jags reach the playoffs and teams that haven't reach the playoffs in decades will do so again.

Potential means nothing when the player is on the sideline the guy has done nothing but smash a chick in a car and he probally couldn't even grip her with those hands of his.

The guy is only good on Madden

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar