Get em up... post your final Titans mock draft.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Thank you!!!! finally somebody else on the David Amerson bandwagon...getting him in the 2nd would be just as bada$$ as getting Margus Hunt or Matt Elam in the 2nd.

2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Here's my final Titans mock(A mix of realism with what I'd actually like to see happen as well lol)

1: CB X Rhodes (Milliner and D Jordan are gone and we decide not to use the 10th pick on a guard...we decide we want the big, fast, shutdown cornerback instead.)

2: DE Margus Hunt (Immediate upgrade over all our backup DE's(and maybe our starters :brow:)...not to mention, our FO likes them giants from SMU)

3: G Barrett Jones (Don't think our FO will draft a G high, but will gladly take Jones in the 3rd)

3c: ILB Jonathan Bostic (We need linebacker depth BAD...this guy is super fast and hits like a train)

4: S TJ McDonald (We won't wait much longer to take one of the good safeties, could be P. Thomas, B. Rambo, DJ Swearinger...just depends on who falls and who we prefer).

5: OLB Zavier Gooden (Again, LB depth is in need(just take a look at our depth chart: http://www.titansonline.com/team/depth-chart.html ...this guy is fast and great in coverage...)

6: RB Knile Davis (Our 3rd RB is still Jamie Harper...if Knile Davis can stay healthy for his 3-5 carries a game, he could be an extremely valuable pickup here in the 6th)

7: DE/OLB Brandon Jenkins (Would be a steal here. If we run some 34 he would be extremely valuable. If we run only 43 he would still be valuable.)

7: OT Chris Faulk : (Roos and Stewart are getting on up there(especially Stewart)...maybe we can find a diamond in the rough on a late round OT just like we did with them)

And on to your question: Why didn't we draft a WR? Because we have Kenny Britt, Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, Damien Williams, Kevin Walter, Michael Preston, Marc Mariani, Levelle Hawkins and Roberto Wallace. I just don't think our FO is thinking WR is a need at all RIGHT NOW. We have too much talent to just throw a mid round rookie(in a subpar class of WRs) into that group. Let these guys fight it out this season to prove who's worthy. Now, next season may be a different story...we might have to make a big free agent aquisition or take a WR in the 1st again...but I just don't see us drafting a WR this year.

3. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Not my mock, but Matt Miller from BR I know its Bleacher Report but normally he knows his stuff. I will be PISSED if this is our draft.

1. Kenny Vacarro SS Texas
    2. Justin Pugh OG Syracuse
    3. Vance McDonald TE Rice
    3c. Dwayne Gratz CB UConn
    4. Akeem Spence DT Illinois
    5. Leon McFadden CB San Diego State
    6c. Corey Fuller WR Va Tech
    7. Adrian Bushell CB Louisville
    7c. Kahlid Wooten CB Nevada

Our secondary is not bad enough to make 5 out of 9 picks a DB. And if we take a TE in the 3rd ill be pissed. Just hoping he isn't right

4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

1st---Desmond Trufant -CB

2nd----Larry Warford--OG

3rd-----Baccari Rambo--S

3rd-----Quinton Patton, WR

4th-----Joe Kruger---DE

5th------Kwame Geathers--- DT

6th----Zac Stacy----RB

7th-----Oday Aboushi---G/OT

7th----Jordan Rodgers---QB

5. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Last one.

1. Star Lotulelei DT Utah State
    2. Robert Woods WR USC
    3. Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
    3c. Barrett Jones C/OG Alabama
    4. William Gholston DE Michigan State
    5. Kevin Reddick MLB UNC
    6. Quanterus Smith DE Western Kentucky
    7. Matt Summers-Gavin OG/OT California
    7c. John Boyett SS Oregon

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

1. Milliner-CB
    2. J. Hunter- WR
    3. Wafford/Pugh- OG
    3C. William Gholston- DE
    4. Rambo- S
    5. Zavier Gooden- OLB
    6. Quanterus Smith- DE
    7. Jordan Rodgers- QB

I definitly see Wafford or Pugh falling to 3, atleast one of them. I am all for taking one in 1 or 2 but also good with risking it to get playmakers like milliner and hunter. This draft would make us contenders next year for sure

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

1. Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU
    -Well this isn't the best year to have a top 10 pick but there are some interesting players, like Mingo here. He's a great pass rusher and has crazy athleticism. He needs to put on a few pounds but he has time considering he'll be a rotation player his first year rather than just throwing him in as a starter. I wouldn't let the stats fool you, LSU messed with their DL scheme too much last year and moved Mingo around the place and tried to keep the DE's containing rather than pursuing way too often. I would be fine taking this guy at 10.

2. Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
    -Yeah, yeah, yeah he's a projected 1st round pick but the bloggers but how many of those late round picks you see in mocks go in the mid 2nd or even later? Quite a few. CB is a very deep position this year and when that's the case everyone's draft board is going to be a bit different, and here we have Trufant falling to us in the 2nd. Maybe this is a bit of a reach but you always have guys falling when they were projected higher so let's just say this is my guy.

3. Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
    -Hoping this guy flies under the radar on draft day because he could end up being a top WR from this class. Bring him in and groom him to be the future starter after Britt is gone.

3. Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
    -Hey finally a Guard. Smart, leader, and versatile. In case we can't get Velasco back after this season we can always move Jones to the inside. Will be a good player for us.

4. D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina
    -Beast and very underrated. Future starter after 1 year of Pollard.

5. A.J. Klein, LB, Iowa St
    -McCarthy insurance.

I would be taking shots in the dark after this but finish the draft off with another OL pick, another on the DL, and a RB.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That is truly as bad as it gets. That's the kind of draft you get when 2nd and 3rd graders are running your team.

I'd have nothing to look forward to if that was our draft. Not a chance in hell we'd top 8-8 with that list of scrubs.

But again, as you've said, it is Bleacher Report.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Boo Mingo.

No way Trufant makes it out of the 1st especially with a lot of those late teams needing CB help. I also don't think Patton makes it out of the 2nd. I also think Jones will go late 2nd early 3rd. I can guarantee Swearinger won't be there in the 4th. I expect him gone in the 2nd.

I like all of your picks with the exception of Mingo though.

10. Joe Myers

Joe Myers Special Teams Standout

1st Barkevious Mingo DE (Honestly hoping for this pick first round. Big upside, do it all player if he adds weight)
    2nd Johnathan Banks CB (I know a lot of you like banks)
    3rd Larry Warford OG (Seems obvious if he drops to this spot, but so did the Konz pick last year)
    3rd Da'Rick Rodgers WR (Crazy upside, boom or bust)
    4th Zaviar Gooden OLB (thanks walter football)
    5th Denard Robinson WR (why not)
    6th Brian Winters OG (depth)
    7th Ray-Ray Armstrong S (projected 1st rounder a couple years ago, Vontaze Burfict of this draft)
    7th Zach Boren FB (biased pick, personally know him, work ethic is x 1000)

Yes going out on a limb with some of these picks but who knows what will happen in the draft. Very unpredictable, and sometimes picks make no sense (TE last year Taylor Thompson). And no way a team would draft this many boom or bust picks, but it would definitely be intriguing. This may or may not be the worst mock ever, but it would be a crazy draft to say the least. If the first 4 picks end up the same as the Titans draft (which is about a .0001% chance) I'd be very happy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar