Get it together

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eTitan81, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I have a little complaint here. What kinda bothers me is how we have been playing towards the end of the season. At the beginning of the season we were playing unbeleivable and now when it is getting closer to games that are gonna mean a whole lot more we are not playing as well. Sure we out scored our two previous games before the Texans 75-19 but come on, the Lions and the Browns! All I am saying is we have to get it back together if we want to win a playoff game.
    :bs:

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I believe that is why Fish went for 4th and 3 versus the points.

3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

They'll be playing harder than they have all year on Sunday!

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I don't know what exactly happened yesterday but it's no time to freak out, panic or get down. It looked like Fisher "burned one" yesterday. I don't mean that in a Ricky Williams kind of way either. I guess "wasted one" is a little closer. Did he just really want to piss his team off? Whoever thinks the Titans will be extra hungry when they face the Steelers is damn right. Maybe Fisher felt that a team that couldn't convert that didn't deserve to win and that it was too much distance and way too much time to leave if he made the fg. It's a little puzzling to weigh that against a 60 yarder ftw in the past. It seems reasonable enough that Bironas could have made that kick. He does it all day long at practice. Those conditions there are practically indoor. I imagine the surface may have been a little wet but I don't see that bearing much on the kicking game. Maybe Fisher wanted to win but he wanted it his way. Maybe he wanted it easier. Maybe he wanted to set Rob up short and with no time if he had to use him. Maybe he needed to see his team rise to the occasion and put up six or suffer the consequences. I believe that fear of a loss is a greater motivator than thirst for the victory. Not everyone thinks like that though.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree BP. That decision was atypical for Fisher. I think it is his way of preparing the team for the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Fish trying to send a message that it's crunch time and the team needs to pull it together NOW. If we can't go into Houston and beat a division rival for homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, then we can't expect to get it done in the playoffs. We have a long way to go and a short time to get there, now without our two best Defensive Linemen. Uphill battle. Both sides of the ball need to get better in a hurry.

7. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

That actually sounded pretty good, but I doubt at that very moment when Fisher went for it on 4th down instead of kicking he was thinking about making the Titans hungry for a win so they would go out and pound the Steelers next Sunday. We needed that win to help secure home field throughout.

8. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

I think Fisher was pretty mad that the game was even close at that point. His post game comments implied as much. In public, he took the blame for the call, but I guarantee that the team's effort got more play in the locker room.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Yes, but I guarantee Fisher was concerned with squeaking out another win on a day where his team clearly was beaten in all phases of the game. He wanted his players to go get the game as opposed to barely winning and taking solace in the W.

10. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

You know coming into this topic, and remembering how the Titans played all day...I kind of understand why Fisher did that. Seriously, the boys played laxy dazy yesterday, and he felt maybe putting the pressure on the O to make something happen was the right thing to do. Seriously, to win the SB, you have to have a team that can make plays in the crunch.

Im all for the 4th and 3 call, maybe I would of had CJ run it, as throwing to McCantcatch is not my idea of making that play. Why wasnt Gage or Jones the go to guy? Hell if KFC had about 5 more seconds, he would of had CJ running to the right and past the 1st down marker.

Basically, we gave that game to the Texans, but I hope the end result is that it puts a fire under this team's ***. I just hate knowing that now the Steelers game is far to important now....and the Steelers have been getting the refs calls all season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar