Get Terrance West in the rotation.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

He is possibly our best runner. Has the size of Cobb, but much better speed than he or Andrews. Make him and Cobb our bell cow RB's, and we'll have a decent run game, finally.

For those who claim he is fumble prone, that is EASILY corrected with proper coaching and practice reps. There are plenty of training aids that help in this regard....bungee wraps, for example, that will rip the ball out if you don't have it chinned properly. Arian Foster had fumbleitis in college and got that corrected in the NFL. So, it's not as big an issue as many here try to make it.

Cleveland Browns select Terrance West with No. 94 pick - NFL Videos

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If we're not going to play him we might as just cut him so we don't have to send the Browns that conditional draft pick. Probably just waiting for Cobb to come back.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We should play him, he's a good runner when his heads in the game

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Seems extremely obvious to me that the reason 2 coaching staffs have already given up on his is he doesn't take football seriously/is a complete idiot.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

No need for him to see the rock unless of injury. Andrews and Cobb when hes ready to roll. Keep things simple from here on out.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He's likely inactive so won't get a chance unless someone goes down with injury and he'll be released as soon as Cobb is healthy so the Titans won't have to give up anything to the Browns.

BUT... because of the HC change, anything is possible. For all we know, Sankey is in so deep in the doghouse, he'll be inactive this Sunday to send a message. Since he's no longer the kick returner, why keep him active if Mularkey thinks West is the better runner?

7. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I've been wondering if it might be something like that...just slow to absorb the playbook? Might also be as some have suggested...the team may keep from playing him much just to keep from having to give up a draft pick. They are just keeping him in their back pocket. Problem with that thought is, he and Cobb would make a heck of a tandem. Andrews would be a good RB if he wasn't so slow. He just doesn't have enough speed to beat anyone to the edge, when needed.

That's why I wanted West to work out. He has the size to pound the ball between the tackles and the speed to bounce it outside and beat LB's to the edge.

Cleveland Browns select Terrance West with No. 94 pick - NFL Videos

#7 TitanUpB4UGO, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    • Troll Troll x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

This above for sure. I'd go with Andrews , West and Cobb in that order assuming Cobb is fit enough for one or two carries to get him back in the swing. I don't see why in overall context it matters that West fumbles a fair bit. What's the difference between that and a Mettenburger Int if MM isn't good to go ?

I appreciate that Mularky might be opening a fresh page here but I'd wager that Sankey is gone at end of year.

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Sankey is a bust...Plain and simple. It's time to move on and put the past behind us with him.....He offers literally nothing. He can't even KR as the first back taken in the draft. That should give you an idea of how bad our FA and scouting is.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I'd be good with that, but let's face it, Andrews is slow. I believe Taylor Lewan ran a faster 40 at the combine than Andrews.

• Troll Troll x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar