Get your Ipods ready - Creeping Cruds now on Itunes!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

[​IMG]

Thanks to our friends at Spat Records Nashville my band's debut CD The Incredibly Strange People Who Stopped Living and Became The Creeping Cruds is now available in download version on Itunes! Woo Hoo!

(hard-copies as always are available at http://cdbaby.com/cd/creepingcruds)

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

1 Intro
    2 All Hail the Horror Host
    3 Blood on the Banisters
    4 I Sold My Brain
    5 I Eat the Living
    6 Driving Miss Zombie
    7 The Ghosts of West Memphis
    8 Stomp Tokyo
    9 Blood Moon
    10 I, Vampire

lol sounds creepy. what kind of music is this?

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Here's a few reviews that lays out the details..

Rue Morgue's HIGHEST Rating!
    Reviewer: Rue Morgue Magazine
    A cool campy intro by Tennessee horror host Dr. Gangrene and beautiful flesh-rotting artwork by Stephen Blickenstaff greet the listener before The Creeping Cruds tear into ten tracks of badass rawk 'n' roll fused with a dangerously geeky obsession with old school horror flicks, monsters and gore.

A messed up mutation of AC/DC power riffs, Ramones three-chord catchiness and dark Southern rock, these grown up monster kids don't just pay tribute to the horrors of their youth, they become them. Only the most B-movie-soaked brain could come up with lyrics as inspired as "M-U-R-D-E-R means your f'n blood on the banisters" or song titles in the vein of Driving Miss Zombie.

Why can't every horror punk band be this much fun? -AL XXXXX (Five Skulls – Rue-Morgue's highest rating!)

Reviewer: Classic Rock Magazine
    A howling rocktail of butched-up Johnny Thunders and Paul Stanley riffs, hairy, hoary, Swede-style motorsleaze, late-night fright-show snippets and pure high-flying rock energy. Beyond the Z-movie goofiness, there's some seriously bad-arse rock 'n' roll here.

Reviewer: Jeff Dahl for Carbon14 Magazine
    The Creeping Cruds- The Incredibly Strange People Who Stopped Living and Became The Creeping Cruds (www.creepingcruds.com) The horror branch of the Punk Rock tree seems to fall into two basic categories: quasi-metal-punk a la Misfits or Cramps style 50's ranting and raving. The Cruds are a bit of both but, genetically, fall closer to the latter. They definitely have some Hasil Adkins and Billy Lee Riley chromosomes floating around the gene pool and I betcha they could even knock out a killer version of "I Put A Spell on You". Let's call it psychobilly with a liberal dose of Ramone/Dead Boy punk. Over a wall of big and nasty guitars, vampires, brains, zombies, werewolves and even good ol' Godzilla are all regaled with heroic tales of their exploits by a voice that's one part Drano, one part broken glass.. it totally ****in' rocks and it's all very scary. - Jeff Dahl

Reviewer: UrotSukiDoji CD Reviews
    Horror-Punk disc of the year?
    This is one of those very rare Horror-Punk platters that actually does not sound like a Misfits clone, and yet still manages to kick large amounts of rotted, undead ***! These musically inclined horror movie junkies hail from Nashville Tennessee, and man do they rock.

We start things off with a spoken word intro by Nashville TV horror host "Dr. Gangrene". This is pretty amusing, and it reminds me a lot of the crazy rants Kurt Russell's character, "Jack Burton", would go off on in the movie "Big Trouble In Little China". This segues nicely into "All Hail The Horror Host", and things never let up from that point on. Their overall sound on this debut is very hard to pin down, as the vocal delivery changes from track to track, depending on what will work best, and the musical style seems to be pretty damn fluid as well. One song will seem like a straight-up Punk anthem, while the next will reek of Alice Cooper, and 70s Glam-Punk.

As you slice and dice your way through the disc, you can expect to encounter; Horror-Punk, Hardcore, Glam-Punk, and the occasional Heavy-Metal riff, not to mention a little bit o' understated western flavouring sprinkled here and there. As well, you can expect lots o' cool, albeit obligatory, horror movie samples. Rest assured however it's always heavy, and always frantic.

If I had to compare the Cruds to another band, I would say they fall somewhere in between the sounds of Ghoultown and Eerie Ln.. The songs are all well constructed, and have the wondrous, sought after ability to stick with you long after you've wandered away from the stereo.

Trust me, you'll be humming "I Eat The Living" for days afterwards. This thing is almost too much fun. But not everything can be fun and games. Among all the tongue in check songs about zombies and vampires is one about real horror, "The Ghosts of West Memphis", which is about the now infamous "West Memphis 3". This horrific case of small town justice gone wrong, has been brought to light in recent years by the likes of everyone from Henry Rollins, to the creators of South Park (Trey Parker and Matt Stone).

So, just like how the campiest of Hollywood's horror flicks always manages to have one little chilling moment, there is a little something here to take that smug smirk off your face, even if it's just for a moment. Horror-Punk disc of the year? We shall see, we shall see... For more info, be sure to drag your rotting, festering corpse over to creepingcruds.com

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

i think its cool that we have a member of a rock band in our forum..
    so which one are you:

[​IMG]

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I think I should listen to CC while watching a few Evil Dead movies :nana3:

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

A little belated.. but I'm all the way to the left..

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar