Getting what we want and a little extra

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by metal957, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metal957

metal957 Starter

Has anyone thought of this too. Okay say we target Vince Young (and that is that.) Okay then with some other teams looking to grab Mario, Feguson, Hawk, Leinart, Cutler (I don't think he is worth a #3 pick Overall) minus whichever one the Saints pick in that group. With the way Cutler has shot up some peoples draft boards and how Vince has fallen just a little bit. We could trade down and pick up an extra pick or two depending on how far down we move. But we could still get Vincy.

That is definately my picture perfect draft day in the first round for us.

2. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

I just don't see many people wanting to trade up to our spot. There is so much talent that they can wait for a good player to fall to them and not have to pay much for it. It would be great if we could do it but I don't see it happening.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Nothing about the draft surprises me anymore. Someone may be in love with Bush, Leinart, Young or someone else enough to give up the farm and move up. History has shown it is usually a bad move but someone will likely try it again this year.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Teams needing a QB...

The great blue north projects a jets-saints trade with the jets using the 2nd for cutler(radical dude) and the saints still getting mario williams 4th. In short it is the saints who hold the cards here because anyone drafting 2nd will likely have the pick of the litter for QBs. They have us taking lienart 3rd by the way.

That's the problem with us trading down. A team like the raiders for example don't want to trade down with us to target a cutler or lienart only to have someone move ahead of them and take the guy they want.

If the GBN scenario held true the raiders could get vince young 7th and not give up a thing. The biggest winners could be the saints with mario and picks and green bay with dbrick 5th!

Everyone thinks the titans are going QB. If the jets or someone else moves into the 2 spot to get a QB then it would leave some pretty darn good players available 4th, 5th and 6th right?

The most desperate team needing a QB is arizona but nobody is talking about any deals with them. They pick 10th.

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

If anyone else wants to know why the Titans, and all the other NFL teams, blow smoke up everyones butt during the draft, read ANY post on this board about the draft.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

From their perspective...

Saints-In the drivers seat. With houston likely taking bush the saints offer anyone interested the QB of their choice. If a team is targeting a particular player say a lienart then the saints are the ones to approach not the titans. A trade with the jets seems logical since it seems almost certain the titans will go QB. That means the saints can draft the same player 4th that they would have taken 2nd.

Jets-A little like the titans in that they are not desperate for a QB but want to use this opportunity to get that franchise guy. If they hold one QB above the others they need to deal with the saints to guarentee they get him. If they like more than one guy they only need to stand pat.

Cardinals-Drafting 10th they are not likely to get any of these three guys. If they want one they have to trade up and they do need one. Navarre and davey are their top QBs right now.

The waiders-Have a good chance at getting one of the top 3 guys at 7th so if it doesn't matter much to them they only need to sit. If they do want to deal with us for the third pick they will not make that trade until the titans are on the clock. They will absolutely need to know who is off the board first. If the jets deal up and take cutler and the waiders want lienart or vice versa they will need to talk to floyd. A waiders-cards deal is possible.

All these type deals will happen during the draft.

How about a trade down deal with arizona and then we draft deangelo 10th?

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

If we chose a running back, I'd want White. Not a knock on Williams (I live 60 miles north of Memphis and I love the guy. Seems like a really great person.) but I miss the physical style of football we used to play. I'd be happy with either one though.

8. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I think Laurence Maroney will have the most success in the NFL. He's quite like Cadillac I believe. DeAngelo is identical to JJ Arrington and Reggie Bush will be a success with pass-catching ability (think LT) where Maroney will be the Shaun Alexander IMO.

9. titanfan53

titanfan53 put me in coach

Just like Mike Ditka taking Ricky Williams

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

If all 3 QBs are available when we pick, there is no way we should trade down. Just stay there and pick the one you want. If we try and get too cute we'll end up with egg on our face.

The only way I see us trading down is if the Front Office rank 1 of the QBs way in front of the other 2 and that 1 is gone by the time we're on the clock. Then, if we trade down I'd be surprised if we picked a QB at all in the 1st round.

If we don't think Young is worth the #3 pick, then I'd hate to "settle" for him with the #6 pick for example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar