Ghost stories

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HanniVol Lecter, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The Jewish, Islamic, and Christian bibles all refer to the same God.

All monotheistic religions arguably refer to that same God. Sikhisim only worships one God.

Hinduism refers to more than 1 god, but I'm not sure they have a "bible".

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Most 'religions' do have at least one canon (a bible, which includes two canons), even Hinduism.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I did a search and couldn't find a Hindu bible, but found this explanation;

Unlike any other religion,Hinduism has no Founder and is a non linear religion(There are hundreds of off shoots of Hinduism and all coexist amicably).As a matter of practice,Hinduism is more a way of life than strictly a religion.For it's texts,it has 4 Vedas(not 5 as mentioned by some one in answer to this question),18 Puranas and thousands of other texts,prominent amongst them being,Bhagawat Gita,Ramayana and Mahabharata.It's interesting to note that even members of one family follow different off shoots of Hinduism and do so without any qualms or any disconnect.Hinduism never claims to be the only path for human salvation and respects all other religions and all forms of divinity

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

^ so they have plenty of artillery.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

They even respect the ones that say that they are wrong, that God hates them, and they're all going to Hell, or even the ones that say they should be killed?

I think everybody has to draw the line somewhere, to finally say "these people are crazy" and to just cut all ties with them, and have little to no respect for their religion. Even the most respectable of people would have to get to that point.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Don't Buddhists do the same?

I know they pray for all individuals regardless of faith and what-not. They seem fairly normal for religious folk.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Praying for them is completely understandable. But "respecting" a religion that says I should be murdered isn't.
    I don't think anybody other than a person in a radical Jihad Muslim faith can really respect a "faith" like that, and if a person says they do, they probably aren't too familiar with it.

There are tons of religions that claim exclusivity. Many, (if not most) of them have the "our way or the highway" mentality. Intermingling them is not logical. One says Jesus is the only way to heaven, one says anyone who believes in Jesus as savior is damned as a monotheist. Those two are just plain incompatible.

One would say killing an animal is a serious sin, one would say that killing for sacrifice is necessary, and eating meat is totally fine. Incompatible.

It's possible for all of them to be wrong, but impossible for all of them to be "right"

I definitely do appreciate their tolerance for other faiths though. That is completely commendable, and I think that's the underlying theme here.

I'm not saying you have to hate the people, and accepting and tolerating the people is right, but to believe everyone's faith just plain doesn't work at its core.

Hope you guys are catching my drift.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Meh. Religious folks love to kill things.

Don't know what it is about it. But they love it.

Like white people love bacon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar