GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Starkiller, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I saw this yesterday. All I can say is that I had no expectations going in and that was probably a good idea. The action was good, but it was pretty empty otherwise.

In fact, it was a lot like Transformers in that regard. So I guess if you liked Transformers, you'll like this. I would rank it ahead of Transformers 2, though.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm going to pass on this one.

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

I'll wait 'til TBS shows it on a Saturday afternoon.

I looks action-packed! But dumb.

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Since I grew up with GI Joe, He-Man, Transformers, MASK, etc. I'll have to see this one. Though, I'm not expecting much. I'm just stoked to see a live-action Snake Eyes.

5. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

it's terrible and i liked transformers 2

g.i.joe is a dollar rental at mickey d's
    ________
    HERBALAIRE VAPORIZER

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

It did pretty well at the Box office.

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Is the Snake Eyes vs Storm Shadow fight 10 seconds of lameness like Iceman vs Pyro in Xmen? I expect it is, sadly.

8. More than 10 seconds, certainly, but not really good enough to me.

Actually, the best was from GI Joe: Resolute (an animated movie that came out this year). That was very cool. In fact, that whole movie was better...

http://www.youtube.com/results?q=gi joe resolute
    (* fixed the link)

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Yeah, I saw that. More of that would be great.

As for the movie... the trailers and such had my attention, until I saw those damned suits. Why? Why did they feel they were necessary? Suddenly the movie is less about the characters of GIJoe and Cobra and more about the nifty action.

10. Yeah, the suits were over the top. All in the name of action over realism.

But they did say it was in the near future, so it didn't come off as ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar