Giants proved something tonight

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans256, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Oh but haven't you heard... every good thing Eli has ever done was only because of "luck".

:sarcasm:

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Do you really want me to make a list of all the times you guys said I was just being negative, and I ended up being right about them??? lol I can think of many off the top of my head. This being one of them.

bookmark this page. And next year when Eli sucks once again, bump it. Guarantee you'll "forget" and go back to saying 'when have you ever been right?'. Seems like a trend with you. Argue, be wrong, and hope I forget.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Go on, make a list.

You can compare it to -

Chad Johnson losing it despite having his best season.
    SEC being the weaker conference.
    Tiger Woods isn't marketable.
    PS3 won't compete with 360.

and that is just from memory.

Oh, and saying things after the fact (like bashing VY after a poor season) doesn't make you right.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

The way I see it:

Peyton manning was the MVP darling genius of football, with Brady as a thorn in his side. His choking vs. the Patriots was the stuff of legends.

Now the younger Manning has beaten Brady's BEST TEAM to date ...and in the Super Bowl, no less...on their 2nd matchup.

Hardly a QB who sucks.

Yes, it was the Giants' D's game. But the D didn't make the final scoring drive. Where Eli was superior to his brother was in simply not letting the scenario affect him.

5. Deuce Wayne

Chris Henry will never be a starter. It was a dumb pick.
    Robbie Fowler isn't near as good as Tulloch and was a waste of money.
    Nick Harper is average at best.
    Vince Young is not as good as Cutler. Vince can't pass. Etc.
    yadda yadda.
    And the ones you mentioned are debatable still. Could care less if Woods gets handed money, he's not a marketable figure because he doesnt sell anything. His image doesn't sell. Simple as that. He's not a Jordan, a Kobe, a LT, Vick, etc. He's just not. Yes, he gets money handed to him, but he doesn't sell products like those other guys.
    I never said the SEC is the WEAKER conference. I said they're extremely over rated. And that much has been proven and will continue to do so.

Not sure where the Chad Johnson thing came from.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

One year in, too early. Talk when his career is done.

Robbie Fowler is a soccer player. And probably better at soccer than Tulloch is.
    Ryan Fowler is the linebacker (once again showing you know nothing) and that is subjective.

who didn't know that?

first is subjective. second you started saying mid season doesn't count.

further proving my point.

No it isn't.

sigh, read and learn junior. You have NO idea. As usual.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ZF...ZdWT&sig=6OhZPGOIl9liQnENo1gnYqWm4_8#PPA95,M1

http://bad.eserver.org/issues/1997/35/thill.html

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=sbd.main&storyID=SBD2007031901

Good bye and thanks for playing.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=34382

oh how we "forget"

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?p=344483&highlight=chad+johnson#post344483

Lucky I will be here to remind you how little you know.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Dammit! He dissed Steve Smith too?? THEM'S FIGHTIN WORDS! :grrr:

8. Deuce Wayne

I didn't diss either one of them. I like both of them probably more than any other receivers in the L other than Williams. But they ARE on the decline when you're going to look in to signing them. They're not going to get any better due to getting older.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Tiger Woods isn't marketable? WHAT?!

That's the most insane thing I have ever read on this board. Do you honestly think you are better able to judge how Woods' persona affects sales than the hundreds of experts who are in charge of deciding whether to give him multi-million dollar endorsement contracts? I think they probably did their research. You, on the other hand, clearly didn't.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

What world do you live in? Nike golf is on the map because of Tiger Woods and he is probably the most marketable athlete ever. Jordan is the only one of those guys you can even put in his class, but Tiger's endorsements are going to end up dwarfing Jordans by the time he is done. Those other guys you mentioned are well known athletes in America. Tiger is an international superstar who is more marketable than every guy you mentioned (save Jordan) combined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar