Gil Brandt would be “shocked” if Cam Newton isn’t taken first overall

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Daves not here, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNTitanFan

TNTitanFan Camp Fodder

My only concern with Cam is can he lose and keep his composure, because he will lose games the first year. Can he make mistakes and shake it off/recover. He hasn't lost a college game in two years.

2. 24

24 Starter

I hope Munch is too smart to take Newton. I've watched most of Cam Newton's games, two things stick out. The overplayed simple one read offense, and his accuracy. To be accurate in the NFL, you have to anticipate routes. The only routes I've seen him anticipate are comebacks, and even those he gets away with because of his strong arm.

3. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

so why are people so sold on flynn when his game that everyone talks about was the pats and their secondary was all young and inexperienced

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

And who is that?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Let's see Gil Brant who built a dynasty of good players vs Dave's not here? Wow that's a tough one. DNH's analysis is confined to "it sucks" and one liners.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm in favor of it depending on what we give up. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in for a mid round pick and letting him battle it out, but i don't get the hype either.

7. Fry

I remember Gil Brandt saying Reynaldo Hill would be the steal of the draft too.

Second post
    http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=23057

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Fry

Frankly, none of the top four guys. I think Mallett is the best suited from a physical standpoint, but his off the field concerns are enough for me to stay away.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Brandt has been saying stupid things for quite a while now.

Many think he's senile and this pretty much confirms that.

10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Please, God, let Gil Brandt be right... for once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar