Give It All Up For #10

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitansCountry25, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

You mispelled it, too. It's Leinart.

LIONHEART! (see "VanDamme")

2. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Who the H*ll are you calling playboy ? I'll have my opinion just like anyone else... and trust me styles, I'm the last person you want to challenge when it comes to analysis, stats, History, trivia... ect about the Oilers'/Titans'. You want to act like a punk, I'll treat you like one and embarrass you infront of your friends... I'll knock you off your soapbox and make you think you were a fan.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

what exactly does that prove?

I wouldnt exactly go round bragging about that kinda stuff either, sounds like you got no life.

4. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

You have almost 10,000 post... and your giving me crap.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Good post, Gunny, but "touche." :winker:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

8 posts a day (my average) takes me in total 30 minutes to do. I still have 23 hours 30 minutes left in the day.

7. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Pride calm down, no one's trying to get you. We all have our opinions here.

8. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I watched him last night, and his scrambling ability is purely based on his vision to get away from defenders. His speed looks overrated (I'd say 4.6-4.7 SPD), and unless he powers over defenders (which he didn't do), that agility won't do **** against faster more powerful players. He pushes the ball out, and has a weird delivery no question. The thing that I was talkin about to a guy on IRC;

Omar Jacobs has put up better stats (40 tds with 4 ints), so obviously can play at a high level. He had a down year ths year, and next year he could be playing some TOP defences such as Ohio State. If he stays in school and performs well against those defences, he'll have more NFL upside that Vince Young in my view. If he doesn't perform well, or doesn't stay in school, his stock has dropped and some see him as a 3rd or possibly a 4th rounder. If he dropped their, I'd take him in a heartbeat, and not play him as a rookie (or in games which mean **** because of the deficit) so get him up to speed.

I think Vince Young will be much like that of Michael Vick, but the fact is he doesn't have Vick Speed, so in the NFL I think he'll have to be more of a Culpepper, without the run first mentality. I guessed last night that in 5 years time, if VYoung and OJacobs get EQUAL (or near) opportinity in the NFL, I think Omar will be the better QB, irrelevant of situation.

9. titan west

titan west Guest

sticky stuff

dude stop smoking

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Young clearly makes better decisions than Vick. And even though Vick has sub 4.4 speed, Young is the only NCAA QB to have over 2500 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing - and not to mention the highest passer rating this year. He showed he can sit in the pocket. He let 3 defenders get to him and he just stood like a brick wall and made his throw.

I like Jacobs, but no way do I 1) think he lasts until the 3rd or 4th with the top 3 QBs likely going in round one and 2) wait until a later round, or next year to draft a QB like him knowing my best chance is right there at #3, waiting to see what happens. Now, if we get Bush in round one and Jacobs is there later, then okay maybe, but the odds are against that strategy being successful.

Jacobs, and Cutler for that matter, are both desirable QBs, but neither are worth the #3 pick, which is our best chance at getting a QB, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar