Give Them a Chance...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by abc2330, Apr 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Better than his little hobbit sack in LOTR?

2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I think he'd be better lined up in front of the tackle as opposed to on the edge of him as well. But I'm optimistic he can make the transition. He's close to being adequate size to play 3-4 DE, though I think 4-3 DE is his most natural fit.

3. 615nick

615nick Starter

Maybe dodd is trade bait? Were
    That's what was originally said about orakpo too. Not saying they are comparable, because i don't want to do the research, but the same things were said.

Give these guys at least 2 years (3 is what I'll give), before you call them a bust. They were not 1st round picks, so the odds go way down. But, a "chance" is what they deserve.

4. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

So all bs aside ... If Austin or Dodd maybe Henry don't push for a starting spot by end of the next season we wasted our ransom we got from the Rams.

I'm actually with you. Some positions I'll give three. But after two years and no flashes. I dont think we should waste our time on year three.

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think you add the #5 pick into the kings ransom list.
    These guys do need more time to prove themselves but pending play/improvement this year, I don't necessarily think it would be too early to cut losses over the next offseason.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Henry is going to be this teams starting RB in 2018, and a very productive one at that. There is no cutting losses with him.

At worse, Au. Johnson will always be apart of the DL rotation. Maybe takes over DaQuan Jones starting gig should be get overpaid in free agency 2018. Johnson could also work at NT potentially

Dodd is highly questionable as of right now

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Personally, I'm for waiting and watching them perform. They've been in the NFL for 1 year. As long as there is some progress, I'm ok until their rookie contract runs out, then make the decision to cut losses or not.

Too this point, there is no reason to move on from them yet, but if they have a terrible year this year, I would be ok with JR making room for other players.

Not gonna speculate on how they may turn out in their NFL career.

8. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Everyone here needs to cool their jets on the Dodd hate. Remember what a dominate player he was in college, and that he has not been healthy yet as a Titan. We went through the same thing early in Derrick Morgan's career. Give the dude a minute before you cast him aside.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

You mean the one year he was dominant?

In 24 games he had 20 tackles as a backup his first three years at Clemson.
    In 2015, Dodd became a starter, recorded 60 tackles and 12 sacks.
    It wasn't until Clemson vs Bama in the Championship game where he had seven tackles and three sacks that he got noticed.

He was projected as a 1st rounder so JRob obviously saw good value. He needs to get healthy and prove people wrong or he will be considered a bust, a wasted pick or one year wonder or whatever.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Some of us didn't like Dodd or the pick.

Until he does something to prove that it wasn't a wasted pick, I'll continue to think the pick was bad.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar