Given Rejected $18.5 Mil from the Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

This really is a talent-starved market if a player like Givens is demanding at least $20 Mil...

3. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I don't get our interest in David Givens. We have Drew but I think we have a #1 in one of the guys on the roster already, not Tyrone Calico.

I'd like to see us draft a big slower possesion type receiver who can get up there and beat the pacman jones type CBs in the endzone.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

like Mike Williams ?

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I like him for $20 mil .... over 7 years

Givens is barely in the top 50 at his position :ha:

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

The Boston Globe says that Tennesee made a formal offer as well, but didnt give any figures.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

anyone realize that he had 1 more catch for the same yardage as Drew last year. he ranked 23rd in the AFC

we better not give him more than $20mil over 6 years
    2 words come to mind ..... "incentive laden"
    if he can't handle that, let him go back to NE - where he said he was going to stay after the Browns debacle

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

now, if it were Deion Branch ........

9. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

Titans Offer 5 yrs 24 mil with about 10 mil guarranteed and NE wont match titans offer i dont know how true this is because i saw that .......bongo......posted......it at......titanscentral.net and i dont know if hes legit or not

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

When talking about the numbers he had at NE it is not really fair to compare him to anyone else. They spread the ball so much there that for him to put up good numbers is outstanding. I think he has the POTENTIAL to come in, be a deep threat, and improve our hurting passing game....GET HIM!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar