Given Rejected $18.5 Mil from the Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I guess they're thinking a guy like Givens will make a guy like Bennett more productive. That's okay. I do worry about the 2nd years' development, and kind of wish we were bringing in a lower tier (cheaper) vet like last year. They were probably on the right path with the Troy Edwards approach. Nate Burleson is a guy who might shake loose a little further into the offseason. I know he's got an injury he's coming off of, but that would be my approach. They should have gone after Jurevicius. He would have been ideal IMO - can rise up to the occasion when needed, but can also accept a 3rd-4th WR role as well.

2. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Um, like Drew? (Big...slower...possession WR...jumps like a kangaroo on speed?) I think D. Givens is a bit faster, and those two SB rings will go a LONG way in a locker room. IMHO, he's a #1 from the start here...

3. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

I am not saying I would pay a lot for Givens but everyone who says "we have bad luck with free agent WR's so we should not sign one" is crazy. You can't just not touch free agent WR's because some didn't work out. That doesn't mean another one will not work out. That is part of the game people. Some times you get burned, other times it works out. We have a need at WR and I don't blame the FO for wanting to fill it with a free agent. Just because we got some busts a over 7 years ago doesn't mean we should stay away in 2006.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

http://www.titansradio.com/2004news/news705500.html

SK, Max... that's all true about JMAC.
    I thought the guy was great and I hated seeing him go.
    The trade had it's upsides but it seems #83 has got a case of chronic broken hand syndrome... let's hope that is in the past... I'm still missing JMAC though.

Sometimes I wish they could have dealt Bennett instead.
    Bottom line...great pick. So good we couldn't keep him.
    That's all I'm really saying.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, me too. But be prepared for the obligatory "JMAC didn't produce in NYJ!!" crap....

6. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

JMAC didn't produce in NYJ!!

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Givens rejected $18.5 Mil from the Texans?

[​IMG]

I PITY 'DA FOOL OFFER ME 18 and a half million dollars!!!

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

He turned it down cause his only Likley To Be Earned incentive bonus was QB fumble returns for TDs.

For the slow folks out there this is a dig on Carr and the cow OL cause you see Carr routinly gets drilled and Givins is more likley to score returning one of Carrs fumbles than catching a pass from the vertically challegened QB.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I wouldn't live in Houston for 18.5 million dollars either.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I love it when GoT explains his jokes...:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar