Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Givens Adds Experience and Success to WR Position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com A living legend.

Moolah:
    $0
    SUMMARY: WR David Givens is catching on to the Titans system according to Coach Jeff Fisher. "He is doing fine, he understands and has a very good feel for the offense," said Fisher. "He is a little rusty because he was out, but he is coming back and he should be fine. Coach (Ray) Sherman says he has no problems and has really done a nice job outside of the X’s and O’s as far as the offense is concerned. Fisher also feels Givens adds experience to a young WR group and knows what it takes to be successful. "Well, we were young with Drew (Bennett) being the most experienced," said Fisher. "Now with David’s experience and of course some very successful seasons, he can shed a little bit of light as far as the other guys are concerned about what it takes. Not just to get through training camp, but to get through a long haul of the season."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,027
    His website needs to be upgraded, it doesnt even work.
  2. Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    will Givens really be that great....he better play like hes worth $24million....
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,027
    he has some big shoes to fill....Yancey Thigpen and Carl Pickens.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $20,475
    lol

IMHO Thigpen played at an Allpro level. Too bad he would not play unless he was 100%. He took himself out of the SB for cryin' out loud.
  3. TitanKid4Life Guest

ya, he was injured and on the sideline more than he played, which is pretty pathetic
  4. Riverman That may be....

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,933

hmmm- sounds familiar.
  5. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    I'm pumped for Givens, and think he's well worth the money. He's young, he's been in a great system and seems like a good leader for our developing WRs, and he'll take pressure off bennett. With both of them on the field, one will get open more often than not. I really don't care about this "true # 1 receiver" crap. Heck, give me three solid #2s. I'll take 900 yards from three receivers.
  6. Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Ted Ginn Jr....draft him when he comes out
  7. Snookus YA DIGGGG

Moolah:
    $0
    I always like having several solid WR's over one superstar.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.