Givens Adds Experience and Success to WR Position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: WR David Givens is catching on to the Titans system according to Coach Jeff Fisher. "He is doing fine, he understands and has a very good feel for the offense," said Fisher. "He is a little rusty because he was out, but he is coming back and he should be fine. Coach (Ray) Sherman says he has no problems and has really done a nice job outside of the X’s and O’s as far as the offense is concerned. Fisher also feels Givens adds experience to a young WR group and knows what it takes to be successful. "Well, we were young with Drew (Bennett) being the most experienced," said Fisher. "Now with David’s experience and of course some very successful seasons, he can shed a little bit of light as far as the other guys are concerned about what it takes. Not just to get through training camp, but to get through a long haul of the season."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

His website needs to be upgraded, it doesnt even work.

3. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

will Givens really be that great....he better play like hes worth $24million....

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he has some big shoes to fill....Yancey Thigpen and Carl Pickens.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

IMHO Thigpen played at an Allpro level. Too bad he would not play unless he was 100%. He took himself out of the SB for cryin' out loud.

6. ya, he was injured and on the sideline more than he played, which is pretty pathetic

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

hmmm- sounds familiar.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm pumped for Givens, and think he's well worth the money. He's young, he's been in a great system and seems like a good leader for our developing WRs, and he'll take pressure off bennett. With both of them on the field, one will get open more often than not. I really don't care about this "true # 1 receiver" crap. Heck, give me three solid #2s. I'll take 900 yards from three receivers.

9. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Ted Ginn Jr....draft him when he comes out

10. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

I always like having several solid WR's over one superstar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar